Forester: ExPo Subaru Project

Scott Brady

Founder
We still might do something with the car, but it is unlikely. The schedule is out of whack now, and I am starting into my project for South America. Not enough time ;)

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
maybe if we could gather a few members to donate some time to do a swap, I may be able to find an engine...let me check.

Recce01

Adventurer
We still might do something with the car, but it is unlikely. The schedule is out of whack now, and I am starting into my project for South America. Not enough time ;)

I may be able to help with this issue. The "GravelCrew" working with Jackson Rally in Murrieta Ca are working on expedition style subarus. They have developed a lift kit for the foresters as well as drivetrain mods that will greatly assist in their low speed abilities. The guys also rebuild engines. "OP" the lead mechanic and owner of subiworks has a forester and is all about this lifestyle, he just hasn't been here and found the expedition portal yet :) he was a PWRC mechanic, so he knows subaru!! I'll put him in touch with you!! Don't give up on the forester!!! You just need to meet the right people:)

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
I may be able to help with this issue. The "GravelCrew" working with Jackson Rally in Murrieta Ca are working on expedition style subarus. They have developed a lift kit for the foresters as well as drivetrain mods that will greatly assist in their low speed abilities. The guys also rebuild engines. "OP" the lead mechanic and owner of subiworks has a forester and is all about this lifestyle, he just hasn't been here and found the expedition portal yet :) he was a PWRC mechanic, so he knows subaru!! I'll put him in touch with you!! Don't give up on the forester!!! You just need to meet the right people:)

That would be cool. It would be great to see some of their other projects up here too.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I may be able to help with this issue. The "GravelCrew" working with Jackson Rally in Murrieta Ca are working on expedition style subarus. They have developed a lift kit for the foresters as well as drivetrain mods that will greatly assist in their low speed abilities.
Do they have a website? Any info on their products???

Recce01

Adventurer
Do they have a website? Any info on their products???

They are just getting going. I will stop by today and see if I can get some pictures and some info for you guys. Their focus has been rally for a long time. The Forester fun has just been on the side until they get their line of parts done.

Recce01

Adventurer
I stopped by subiworks and Jackson Rally yesterday. They showed me some of their suspension system parts. This is shaping up to be really cool! That are building some pretty crazy stuff at the moment. That have a WRX that is doing the Baja 1000 this year, a GL wagon on 30" tires, all kinds of wild projects. I will try to get some pics up before I leave town today. Otherwise I return next Tuesday.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I think I may have found an engine.

Is there anyone around Prescott who would like to come to the shop and help with the swap/wrenching in a few weeks?

Free beers and great stories are guarantee.

:)

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
all right, it's pretty much done, we will have an engine with 63K. it will be ready to drop in.

anyone here has Subaru expertise and would like to lead a group wrench...? anyone interested in spending a few hours working on it in Prescott?

Jrally

Adventurer
I've got plenty of wrenching experience, but not a lot on Subaru engine changing. Most of my GOOD wrenching has all been a rally cars though, so I work well under all conditions. If you are planning on a weekend wrenching session, and need the extra hands, I would be happy to drive up for the day from Phoenix.

-Jon

all right, it's pretty much done, we will have an engine with 63K. it will be ready to drop in.

anyone here has Subaru expertise and would like to lead a group wrench...? anyone interested in spending a few hours working on it in Prescott?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I've got plenty of wrenching experience, but not a lot on Subaru engine changing. Most of my GOOD wrenching has all been a rally cars though, so I work well under all conditions. If you are planning on a weekend wrenching session, and need the extra hands, I would be happy to drive up for the day from Phoenix.

-Jon

Jon

thanks for the offer - we are waiting a final confirmation (something about the paperwork...) and if we get the go ahead I will order the engine this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77