FOUND Vans For Sale!

ihatemybike

Explorer
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5394625217.html
AWD Lifted Chevy Astro - $3000 (chardon) said:
00O0O_byuQoE1DNou_600x450.jpg

I am thinking of selling my Astro as I would like something with better mileage for my every day driver.

I bought it near Boston a little more than a year ago so it does not have Vermont salt damage, although it is losing a little paint here and there (see pictures). It has a 4" body lift in it that I purchased from Overlandvans.com, that is supposed to accommodate 31" tires. As you can see in the pictures I had some issues with wheel clearance and had to do some trimming. It does not look too pretty but does have a coat of rustoloeum on the cut areas. Also, when it bottomed out a few times it cut up the sides of the tires a bit (see in pictures). It will not compromise the performance of them because there is allot of rubber there. The tires are wrangler duratracs and cost me $850 brand new. They only have about 4000 miles on them and have a ton of meat. Regular oil changes every 3000 miles, and fresh rotars, calipers, and pads. Here's where it gets tricky, I put the larger tires on at 100,000 miles, and they obviously change the ratios of things. For every mile the odometer reads the van actually travels 1.1 miles. The odometer reading is 107,266, but the van actually has 107,992 miles on it. make sense? you've got to come take a spin in this bad chicken if you know a thing about anything. You wont find a van in this condition with these miles ANYWHERE near here

uncompromise

Adventurer
Which Thread to Post In?

I'm sure this has been asked before. It seems there are two several places to post vehicles found for sale online. One is in the For Sale section of the forum, and the other one is here.

I know how forums function, or don't, and while I'm a fan of order, I'm also a believer in - in these circumstances at least - conforming with reality.

I don't want to post in two locations, because that's just stupid.

Thoughts?

uncompromise

Adventurer
I don't believe in one place for both 2wd and 4wd vans, but that's just me.

since i'm actively looking for a new vehicle, I've got a list of over 100 that are relevant to forum users, and i'm searching every day; seems easiest to drop them into the main 'for sale' thread for vehicles found online

so, if you want to stay up to date on whatever i find, best subscribe to that thread

uncompromise

Adventurer
I like the existing system. It seems to have 190 pages worth of people that don't mind it either.

Wasn't a complaint, was simply a request for information. As in, is there a 'system' i.e. an established order - or not?
If not, then some folks are posting here, and some over there. If there is, and I'm missing it, I was hoping somebody might illuminate me.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
So I log in to my local buy and sell... and see these all on one page.

51084372_934.jpg

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1946-International-Metro-Van_26719865?trending1

51056937_934.jpg

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/69-Dodge-A100-Cabover-PU_26699179?trending4

51082245_934.jpg

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/OLD-SCHOOL-COOL_26719370?trending2

First one is amazing, just imagine it restored and 4x4'ed. The second one, the Dodge while not a van is part van... I love these things. The last one, wow 1959 factory RV.

Pretty slick.

Abitibi

Explorer
Those are sweet! I wouldn't bother to convert them as 4x4 but could you imagine how many smiles you'd put on people's face while driving across the country with this old girl!!! Love the last one!

uncompromise

Adventurer
VW Vanagon Synchro Westfalia on CL | Portland - $35000

All running gear including suspension, transmission, and motor (upgraded South African TiiCo motor conversion) have been rebuilt within 2 years. Just had new driveline with decoupler (to drive in 2wd) and greaseable joints installed. Also has rear locker; 2 knob Syncro! Huge South African disc brakes mounted up front. Only thing left to do is install new poptop canvas tent; I have a brand new acrylic that is included but no time to install. Has an exhaust leak.

Full Westfalia with stove, fridge, sink, and two beds. This Westy also has two propane tanks and a solar power set up making living off grid no problem.

00q0q_86vmrzRAH1N_600x450.jpg

no affiliation

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Been a lot of talk around here of box vans, it got me looking.
Couldn't resist passing this along.
There is a time in my life where I would have never considered a retired fedex truck but with a 40k mile engine "in" trans which likely cost multiple times the asking price, and given the asking price it wouldn't be an issue to put more money into it...
Sure could be a nice motor home....

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5411710740.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater