FOUND Vans For Sale!

NLPRacing

Observer
Somebody buy this before I do and get myself in trouble.

2003 Ford E-350 Custom Van RV only 71k miles **** - $9980 (Fort Worth, TX)
http://dallas.craigslist.org/******/cto/4614597035.html
01616_C10ZRZi3fX_600x450.jpg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Found on Craigslist, no relation:

I think it's a pretty good deal, I wouldn't sell mine anywhere near that cheap!

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/rvs/4622620862.html

00T0T_FffthnsC9n_600x450.jpg

2003 GMC Safari GTRV poptop conversion - $14000 (north vancouver)

Before I owned this van, I owned a 1991 Westfalia. After discovering that Westfalia's are not the most reliable of vehicles for road tripping and can end up being a money pit, I decided to sell that van and come up with my own version that would have all the best bits of the Westy, without the unreliability.

I purchased a 2003 GMC Safari and had GTRV do the poptop conversion and sleeping platform last year June, I have since done two road trips with the van and it has been great, unfortunately my wife wants something a bit bigger now, so we're buying a trailer.

The details of the van are as follows:

- 4.3L V6 engine (surprisingly good MPG on the highway, slightly better than my previous westy)
- Full poptop conversion with three windows
- 189,000 km
- Sleeping platform downstairs that doubles up as storage
- Edgestar 43 quart 2way fridge freezer (FP430), very low draw (cost $800) including a 5 year extended warranty
- ARB awning
- Storage shelves in the back (DIY job)
- Roof rack
- 2 inch hitch
- Upgraded soundsystem with amp and sub
- Brand new tires (bought in May)

As it is set up right now the van sleeps 4, it is possible to take out the storage/sleeping platform and put in the old bench seat, it will then sleep two upstairs.

If you're thinking of buying a Westfalia I would consider this as a more reliable, less pricey in the long run alternative.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Drool......

If that was an AWD I'd be all over it.

Yeah, I'm still wondering just HOW difficult a subframe swap really is. At that price, it's not cheap enough to buy just to transplant the top stuff onto an AWD van (especially now that I know how much work that involves). It'll make an excellent "weekender" type setup for someone who will use it for anything up to fire-roads, I'd say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk