Fresh hot pizza!!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
That looks awesome!
Dutch ovens bring the awesome...

100_3117.jpg

alexfm

Explorer
In scouts we would use crescent rolls for the dough, and make a deep dish pizza in a dutch oven, but I'll have to try out the outback oven. Clever with the mozzarella cheese sticks.

I did something pretty similar to that on a campout with my Venturing crew. One of the guys (who also happens to be in my scout troop) had his mom dig up a recipe for pizza dough that she had, and we made that (awesome stuff), slapped it in the bottom of the dutch oven, and covered it in sauce, tons of mozarella, sausage, bacon, hard pepperoni, onions, peppers, ground meat, and something else I can't remember. Baked it for a while in the dutch oven, and pulled it out. It was amazing. The crust ended up being almost an inch and a half thick. :drool:

shahram

Adventurer
...This is probably best as a first night out meal as it calls for fresh pizza dough. I'd probably buy some from my local pizza place...

That is a brilliant idea! Never thought of that one, but I'm definitely going to do it. Thanks!

Brigitta

Observer
Grilled pizza is fast, easy and delicious!

If you have a Trader Joe's in your area they sell 3 varieties of ready to use dough. All you need to do is "roll" it into a thin crust. You can just stretch it and use your fingers to shape it, brush each side with some olive oil and put it on a HOT grill. Just a few minutes on each side until it's firm, then add sauce and toppings and brown the crust and melt the cheese.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat