From Norway to Kola Peninsula, Russia

Wiberg

Hi,
I'm driving the black 120. It ran on 33" BFG M/T ( 255/85/16 ) with an OME 2" lift. I think my lift is for medium load ( got all OME numbers confused ). I also equipped it with asfir skid plates wich did the job. I got a bit tired and lazy and lost focus a few times and by the looks of the plates when we got home I wouldn't want to be without them, for sure.
Except a few dented skid plates, a log of timber jammed between the frame and the exhaust pipe and getting stuck in loose sand I can't really say that my car had so many technical problems ( I'm leaving the ****ty batteries out of the equation, they shouldn't have been on this trip in the first place, stupid me ). My car don't have any lockers except for the middle diff and the times I got stuck I don't think lockers would have done any differens anyhow.

But travelling together with a truck on 42s definitively does something... Mine is now riding on 35s, designed Arctic Trucks... :)

DocentD

Thanks! Rear locker would help for sure, worked magic for me in a Hilux on 31" in Botswana, I went through all same stuff where boys on 35" went, without being stuck. On the road though, truck was much more comfortable on lower tires, I.e. I can get faster than the others to the destination. Thanks for opinion on Asfir skids, they are on my shopping list. Safe travels!

grogie

Like to Camp
Great videos! Thanks. The roads you encountered... wow!

Oh, and glad you guys found your license plates! :)

Berglid

Adventurer
We came down from the mountain, and into Kirovsk. Frank had arranged dinner for us. I didn’t want to get parked in, so I just found a place.
IMG_1639.jpg

We went back to Franks town. I don’t remember the name now.. There we had a check under the car and filled some oil. We were having a lock around the compound. This place were guarded by the police and all the workers here were criminals.. We paid a little bit and gave them some cigarettes.
IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1739.JPG

Frank had his garage here. So we had a lock inside.
IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

Overview of Murmansk from outside town.
IMG_1746.jpg

Berglid

Adventurer
Thx. There will be some more photos from the trip when I have the time. I dont have the gps track. But I think maybe Wiberg have it.

nasko

Adventurer
^
I think he was joking. Your trucks are great and it looks to be an amazing trip. Post some more pics if you would. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online