FSJ who has them

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
My baby....

1989 GW
BJ´s 4" lift
31x10,5 BF´s AT
Vortec 6.0, Nelson Performance Tunning, Air Aid kit, Magnaflow exaust.
4L60E.

attachment.php

ahhh, pismo...its fun to watch the retards that try that crossing (not you) with tiny cars and 2wd pickups on street tires, towing a 40ft trailer.

I swear, they all have that look of, "Well I thought it would work!"

this guy got lucky!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR4kTXalXb0&feature=related

not so lucky!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wqZCqtdPxQ&feature=related

Last edited:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
You were close, but no enough.......this is at Huasco, Chile, South America :victory:
Anyway, I have been at Pismo so I know what you are talking.....

lol...yeah I figured you weren't local from your location, I thought for sure you were at pismo, though...haha! :D

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
BK, Get lost said solid Front axle.?. While i dont dissagree that there were IFS,Dana 30s, Closed and open knuckle 44s, and even some (very few) dana 60s put in the front of FSJs... many of the ones you listed were rear applications. And as far as true Full Size Jeeps (sorry grand cherokee guys, no offense intended), they were 99.5% solid axle. Only a couple years of the "IFS", which turned out to be not a great idea, and those were in the very early years only.
Just to clarify a Full Size Jeep... Wagoneers (also called Grand wagoneers by the 80's) Cherokees (generally 2 door wagoneers) and all the J series trucks are technically considered. Basically, if its less aerodynamic than a brick and slower than a dying slug... its a FSJ. The Grand Cherokees are thier own animals... they fall somewhere between the lil cherokee (XJ) and a FSJ (SJ).
I just wanted to throw that out there. While i know some folks can get all snooty about "proper" terms... I have allways welcomed ALL Jeeps!! I figgure heck, if you wanna bash your liberty or patriot trying to keep up... More power to ya!! You may even pull me out some day!?!

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
dreamer - I was correcting your blanket statement, not claiming that IFS and the non-D44 fronts were common. All of the axles I mentioned were found from time to time on the fronts of FSJ's.

Though a D60 on a waggy or cherk would be just a bit of overkill. I believe it was on the heavy pickups for a while or something.

ccarley

Adventurer
This week is awesome for me, I happen to have some time & was looking at this forum during my lunch today. I figured I'd join in, since I have an FSJ too :) I'm sure most of you have seen my specs in my intro post.

Here's mine, at "Twin Peaks" in South Lake Tahoe:
DSCN0776.sized.jpg

Looks like next weekend (September 12/13) I'm heading up to the Lost Coast of Nor-Cal too. Perhaps also the weekend of the 26/27. Lots of photos to follow that, and hopefully I can come up with a nice article on that (those) trips as well.

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Can I play here?

I have had this 74 NT for a little while now but just got it on the road. So far Ive changed out the grill and swapped out the headlights with an H2 replaced all the frame and running gear with a K5 Jimmy. TJ flairs and just finished the bumper build. I just picked up a mid 77 Burb for a donor rig along with a fresher 350, TH350, 203 Combo. The Burb was set up with 38's and a 10" Superlift suspension lift and other goodies. A bit tall for expedition stuff but I want to see if it will settle down a few inches. I striped out a few leafs in the front thinking that may help it loose some arch. It ended up 16" taller than stock.

DavidandGoliath.jpg

FSJ010.jpg

Last edited:

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Nice setup with your custom bumper and the TJ flares. I think this may be the first time I've ever seen front TJ flares used on a vehicle other than a TJ where it looked good. It suits the lines of the FSJ somehow.

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Thanks, I still have to do some trimming on the under side for sliders and a rear bumper slider but I think when its done the lines should flow ok...
Turkey-1.gif

Last edited:

debo75

Here's my hunk-a-junk. Paid $400 for it, running.

Installed a BJ's Offroad 6" lift kit, then swapped an AMC 360 V-8 to replace the 6 cylinder, and spraybombed it white after scraping off the faded faux wood stickers.

ExpeditionJeep

Here's my current project. Picked this one up after I sold my 1997 ZJ. Had some nice mods when I got it including 4 inch lift, 33's and the early limited wheels. I've since added Air Lockers front and rear, HEI ignition, and fixed a bunch of stuff. It's a nice former Wagonmaster's rig and a good base for an ongoing project.
Marc

Attachments

• jeepphoto.JPG
    jeepphoto.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal