FSJ who has them

Tejasol

Yes, that is a prototype of BJ's PreRunner bumper.

No, I am in GA. I'm about 20 miles north of Atlanta.

Thanks.

mesha

Observer
1979 jeep j10 honcho edition. 360, t18, dana 20
lift
33 inch tires
welded rear diff
nothing else

it is my favorite rig to camp out of by far.

F3X

'66 J3000 bone stock. 13,7xx miles. 327, 3-sp
Working on making her DD ready.

DSCN1251sm.jpg

Overland

Observer
Specs? Pics? Build thread? More info!

well this fall she went through a big transformation. here she is after a complete to bare metal paint job, wood grain removal and new front bumber and the addition of a 2" body lift for tire clearance.

IMG_25161.jpg

NorthOkanaganF-20101202-00023.jpg

SalmonArm-20101202-00024.jpg

DSCF2885.jpg

still a project but getting closer to finished all the time....ahahahaha who am i kidding, its a jeep. never finished.

Overland

Observer
Wow, Very nice... Almost too nice. Sure thats not computer generated, Photoshop maybe! :drool: BEAUTIFUL :wings:

computer generated? photoshop? GRRRR.......

thanks for the compliments guys. she is a long way from done. has ARB's going in front and back as we speak and chromoly shafts because it was a broken rear shaft that was the begining of the complete paintjob. once all thats done then i tackle the interior. the above picture was taken the day after she came back from paint and i already got some B.C. pinstriping (scratches from branches). i know she looks beautiful but she is still built to be used. i dont want a shiny truck in the driveway that i just look at. i'll keep you all updated.

cheers

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
computer generated? photoshop? GRRRR.......

thanks for the compliments guys. she is a long way from done. has ARB's going in front and back as we speak and chromoly shafts because it was a broken rear shaft that was the begining of the complete paintjob. once all thats done then i tackle the interior. the above picture was taken the day after she came back from paint and i already got some B.C. pinstriping (scratches from branches). i know she looks beautiful but she is still built to be used. i dont want a shiny truck in the driveway that i just look at. i'll keep you all updated.

cheers

So, still dana 44's front and rear?

Are you plannning on re-applying the wood trim?

My wife thought it came out wonderful with the new paint and lift/tires. She thought it looked very "balanced". Very comfy and classy, but very capable, too.

Could you PM me with your total build cost thus far? I'm thinking about moving from my XJ to a bigger rig, and these are still a great option, IMO. The only downside I see to these is the mpg's, but I think I've resigned myself to the fact any rig big enough to carry my brood (me + 4 girls) isn't going to get more than 15-20 mpgs. :D

Overland

Observer
So, still dana 44's front and rear?

Are you plannning on re-applying the wood trim?

My wife thought it came out wonderful with the new paint and lift/tires. She thought it looked very "balanced". Very comfy and classy, but very capable, too.

Could you PM me with your total build cost thus far? I'm thinking about moving from my XJ to a bigger rig, and these are still a great option, IMO. The only downside I see to these is the mpg's, but I think I've resigned myself to the fact any rig big enough to carry my brood (me + 4 girls) isn't going to get more than 15-20 mpgs. :D

i sent yo ua pm but forgtot to mention the best mileage she has ever gotten wi tha brand new engine is around 10MPG...:Wow1: and no the wood grain is gone forever. i had all the holes for the plastic trim welded shut as thats where the rust was starting.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
i sent yo ua pm but forgtot to mention the best mileage she has ever gotten wi tha brand new engine is around 10MPG...:Wow1: and no the wood grain is gone forever. i had all the holes for the plastic trim welded shut as thats where the rust was starting.

no problemo, that's what I was figuring. thanks for all the info, sir!

:victory:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
My next Jeep will be a Wagoneer. I've even got the "virtual build" mostly finalized. LOL

yeah, i've been drooling over at ifsja.org since before I owned my cherokee, back when I had a honda accord (big mistake, traded it for my LJ wrangler)

They're solid rigs save for the fuel economy. It's very hard to find as much truck for the money as these rigs pack in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal