FSJ who has them

All stock for now looking at doing a 4"lift and possibly a turbo 4.2 6 cylinder

jeepsnow.jpg

Huntersgreen

FSJ Rock
raising my greasy oil soaked FSJ hand...

LOL I love my FSJ...I have an FSJ that started life as a 82 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with a 4.2L. I posted all this on the IFSJA site, however Ill add it here...if there is a better place to put all this please move...

I have "LURKED" on this site for a long time (sounds bad..lol) but finally got home for good and have had a real chance to dedicate time on my FSJ Build. Your site was/is a huge help and inspiration for this build. I horse traded for this jeep almost 20 years ago, she’s been a DD and great second rig; so it is time to Upgrade her for future fun. (I was overseas contracting for the past 4 years, so she sat in storage awaiting my return… My wife says she’s my mistress ..lol)
“Dotty” started life as an 82 Cherokee Laredo WT. At 195K miles she was still running ok, but she needed work/TLC. Since I came home in MAR 11’ here is what I’ve gotten done so far:
-Rebuilt the 4.2L into a 4.6L - I6 stoker w/ HEI, OFFY dual intake and a Holley Carb mounted on top; Clifford header, and valve cover. Why keep the I6? Because I haven’t built an I6 before, and I like the low end torqe.
--(Note on the Clifford Valve covers…It allowed a lot of oil to migrate through the PVC and vent holes in the top! I re-did the interior of their cover to minimize this oil vapor mess..it was a PAIN but now works great and now dry as a bone.)
--(Note on the Clifford header too OFFY intake interference/clearance issues…PM me for how I fixed this…its not hard just time consuming.)
- Installed header heat sleeves on tubes.
-Custom exhaust system installed w/ magnaflow can.
-Had the T-18 gone through and re-built as needed. (No the 5th gear really isn’t used...)
-Put a 4" Rusty’s lift in her, also added their 2" add-a-leaf in the front as well (due to the heavy custom bumper and winch… didn’t want a sagging front end. Still rides good , a little stiff with no load in her though…)
-J20 HD Steering box, new hoses, Pump & a Drop pitman arm
- New steering linkage and tie rod ends – would recommend making your own for less money and headache if I were to do that again.
- installed 140Amp HD Alternator w/small pulley
-New SS break lines up front
-1.25" Alum wheel Spacers - all 4 corners
-2001 Nissan Frontier Limited rims (will run a full size spare)- modified center caps to work with my hubs.
- ******** Cepek MountainCat ET 31x10.5 – Siped all 5 tires. I like the articulation this size tire gives w/o having to CUT metal with the larger DIA tires….
-Onboard Air for tires etc, mounted in the Passenger side rear “saddle bag area”
-Custom front bumper and brush guard (brush Guard is from a Land rover Disco..) w/Warn 8274 winch; mounted the supports for all this too the frame with a custom grade 8 bolt on deal I had made.
-92 Ford Probe seats w/custom frames that use threaded inserts into the reinforced Cab Floor for ease of removal from rig; as well as modified seat rails so its easy for rear passengers’ to fold and slide seats forward for exiting vehicle.
- rear seat belts mounted too a reinforced seat frame and side locks so that seat will take the load of impact if needed and the belts now travel with rear seat for ease of removal, folding etc.
- SmittyBuilt GEAR seat covers front & rear (modified rear cover to fit..)
- SmittyBuilt overhead console mounted and geared up- Not to tough to modify to fit.
-Kenwood 6 CH head unit, Jensen amps, and bla, bla, bla.
-Custom center console - mid range sub's box – F1 cup holders
-Dynamat'd doors, floors, firewalls, roof, and side walls, and rear floor.
-Retractable "chicken-handle" on the “shotgun side” roof area.
- built new door panels and used threaded insert for attachment and strength
- Installed tach in OEM gauge panel (Looks OEM to most people..) – (Also put in Glass gage covers, I was so tired of the crappy yellow, cracked, scratched plastic OEM ones)
- Installed an electric fuel pump system and regulator.
- Installed additional gauges on A pillar, their lights controlled by OEM dimmer control
- Installed a “Over Ride” switch to turn off the interior lights for leaving doors open when working on her, or for stealth use..lol.
- Recovered the Dash, and put in "Defroster screens" - got tired of small items falling in and rattling around.
-Rebuilt A/C system, (….yes A/C is nice for Summer trips)
-Rebuilt the heater system (…yes heat is nice for winter trips)
-Installed custom Light Guards over side clearance lights
-Put in all new weather stripping around doors, and window channels including the rear tailgate/window.
-Repacked wheel bearing, pulled covers and resealed pumpkins.
-Installed a hand throttle to shifter
-Installed a CJ one piece shift boot
- lengthened axle vent hoses put in check valves.

Left too do (….like this list ever gets shorter…):
Finish rear window defroster repair…really I have it repaired and it works…lol
Add in a second battery and controls
Finish Building new glove box
Finish installing a DC-AC inverter for the rear area
Install the CB radio in overhead
Run wiring for roof rack power & finish switch panel for roof lights and its accessories
Install roof rack with light bar for 9” lights and remote control Projector Beam Spot lights
Install interior roof insulation and head liner
Have rear bumper built – full size spare swing out to right side, and 2 Jerry can swing out to the left.
Finish “between seat” Quick disconnect gun rack and install
Install a second gas tank where spare tire had been (between frame rails)
Install power windows and Tint front door windows
Reverse all 4 Spring U bolts setups
Install floor padding and Marine grade carpeting – floor area and “tub”.
Install side netting for interior window area
Install the under hood insulation
Install the rock sliders
Install the 5-bar/chequer plate rocker panels protection (down both sides.. lots of threaded inserts….)
Finish the under hood water heater/shower system
Finish modifying the rear side windows so they hinge up/open for ease of access from out side of vehicle.
Prep for and paint it “jeep Rescue green” with Slate grey trim.

Im sure more to follow....

Attachments

• jun 2011- front with winch installed.jpg
    jun 2011- front with winch installed.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Jun 2011- Drvr side.jpg
    Jun 2011- Drvr side.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 74

AMDemon

Observer
ok i give up on trying to get the pic to show up sooo....

^^^^^^^i don't really know why, but i love that truck!!^^^^^^^^^

Didn't they make a 4-door version of the Cherokee Chief with the Chief strips like on Justin's black CC? I swear the one a friend's parents had was one, only red body with a white top. Absolutely beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal