FSJ who has them

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
It is nice!

I could shoot him a PM if you want? I guess to do that you have to be a member on the site? Its one of "those" Jeeps I know he doesn't want to sell and will always regret but we all have those stories, right? :) Let me know and I'll ask him what he wants for it etc... or if he has some other way you can contact him.

gas4blood

Observer
There are some good deals to be had out there. I payed $1800 for mine back when it was bone stock. It only had 78,000 miles at the time. Keep up the search!!

Midnightburn

Here is my 1964 J200 Gladiator being rebuilt with all the modern comforts and off-road equipment.

1E0C3841-7EBC-4E56-ABB4-7F4531246D9A-41505-000008629A916B21.jpg

2004 6.0L from a 2500HD, high performance 4L60e, NP241:

5333DB20-433A-490A-BE60-9E3CA5026DFE-4055-000000C9CFC44D48.jpg

It rides on 60's front and rear, 35 spline chromos, Detroits, disc brakes, and 41" Irok radials on 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels.

FinalFrame17.jpg

Lots of powder coated parts:

PowderCoatedParts2.jpg

PowderCoatedParts3.jpg

Dana60Hubs3.jpg

RearAxleInstall25.jpg

Vintage Air Conditioning/Heat System:

264B4C69-02FB-445B-BA22-9710E39256CF-56284-000049EA240ACF3F.jpg

It has an interior roll cage and Extreme Dynamat on all surfaces of the interior. Lots more than I have room for in this thread.

It is almost complete after more than 2 years.

Last edited:

gas4blood

Observer
That Gladiator is a thing of beauty!!!!! I am in love. Cant wait to see the finished product. You need to start a build thread so we can all see the work that has gone in to it so far.

gas4blood

Observer
How did I miss your build thread on ifsja? I have been on there for 4 years! I'll check it out now.

Wait, I recognize your name from planet4x4. You have a built willys wagon as well right? I remember seeing it at the Idaho State 4x4 association run a few years back. I was a member of the Snake River Off Roaders when we lived in Idaho.

Last edited:
M

Midnighttburn

Guys, I was forced to re-register under a hopefully temporary name until I hear something back from an administrator. I sent a message, but haven't heard back yet.

My issue is that I no longer have the email address that I used years ago when I first registered. And I forgot my original password, so there's no way to reset it. If anyone can help get in touch with someone who can fix the problem, I would be sincerely thankful.

My temp login name is very similar to my original name.

Temp Name is: Midnighttburn - with 2 "T's.
Original Name is: Midnightburn - with 1 "T".

My new email address is: kmereness@americanvintage4x4.com

Thank you...

Back to the thread...

Yes, that's mine. That was a long time ago when the Idaho State 4x4 Association run was held in Idaho Falls. I was also the Director or the Idaho State 4x4 Association for a year. I changed the suggested a new business structure to give an opportunity for all member club representatives to participate in the monthly meetings and have more of a say in the activities and direction of association.

This is the wagon I took that year. It rained like mad that weekend. I still own it. But it is currently undergoing some additional modifications and a new paint job that will take it to a whole new level.

42IROKS12.jpg

42IROK3.jpg

But right now, my FSJ truck is on the front burner and almost complete.

MB

Last edited:

Midnightburn

Thanks to admin, my original user name is back...

I hope this thread stays alive. An FSJ is a perfect expedition platform. And there are some beautiful Jeeps posted already. My FSJ Gladiator is being built exactly for this purpose, as well as a perfect vehicle for daily driving.

MB

gas4blood

Observer
Yes, that's mine. That was a long time ago when the Idaho State 4x4 Association run was held in Idaho Falls. I was also the Director or the Idaho State 4x4 Association for a year. I changed the suggested a new business structure to give an opportunity for all member club representatives to participate in the monthly meetings and have more of a say in the activities and direction of association.

This is the wagon I took that year. It rained like mad that weekend. I still own it. But it is currently undergoing some additional modifications and a new paint job that will take it to a whole new level.

42IROKS12.jpg

42IROK3.jpg

But right now, my FSJ truck is on the front burner and almost complete.

MB

Thanks to admin, my original user name is back...

I hope this thread stays alive. An FSJ is a perfect expedition platform. And there are some beautiful Jeeps posted already. My FSJ Gladiator is being built exactly for this purpose, as well as a perfect vehicle for daily driving.

MB

Man that Willys is really looking awesome!!!! I love those things. The father to the Wagoneer! haha.

I really like the direction you are going with the Gladiator. Do you have any plans for the bed? Storage or bed rack? I can imagine that it will be nicely executed if you do.

I have some big dreams for my Wagoneer. If we ever stop moving and I can actually get a shop, I would like to re-do the suspension and add some other goodies like a winch bumper and some interior modifications. I am pretty happy with the way it works right now though. Now, if I can just keep the east coast rust off my baby, I will be good!! :D

EastBeast

2012-10-26_16-28-18_76.jpg
We outgrew the xj so I picked this up last summer. Pretty fine condition for here in Maine. Going to rip out the carpet and start repairing the floorboards this weekend. 1979 Cherokee with a 6 and quad. Besides the rusties lift and tires/wheels its startlingly stock. The rear electric window works and I only found 2 splices in the whole harness!!

FrankenWag

Frosted Nuts MC
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster (just registered!)

Have built a number of cars (primarily hillclimb and rally cars) a few Jeeps, and a period-built Ford F1, but never satisfied my desire to get together a true overlanding machine. The list is long but distinguished of crap that has lined my driveways/ barns/ garages.

Enter a 1971 Wagoneer Custom Deluxe (non "x" model) from sunny and dry deep so-cal, and a need to fix almost every piece of it's drivetrain.

5.3 LM7 swap, Built 700R4 (with no lock-up converter), Atlas II 4.3:1, D44's front and rear with 4.10's and Detroit Tru-tracs, SPOA front and Rancho Rs44044's, Custom built rear spring hangers (removed post mounts) with XXXtraction fabbed shackles running OME HD 2.5" Tacoma leaves in the back. Custom hi-steer, long travel bilsteins, disc brakes with ford outers, 15x8 Kelsey-Hayes Renegade Series 1 wheels from 1970, and 33x10.50 Toyo MT's.

She's getting closer to being done, but not quite there yet...

Hand painted dash, by someone far more talented than I (previous owner) as well as panel on outside

dash1.jpg

20141102_164229.jpg

20141102_164127.jpg

nose%20off.jpg

I sold the great running AMC 360, TF727 and NP229 to a fellow FSJ'er

360_3.jpg

20150320_123157.jpg

During Mock-up of rear suspension

IMG_0128.jpg

Plate arrived before it's roadworthy

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg