Gb: Alien led light bars! (Closed)

YukonRob

Adventurer
I'm interested, but sceptical. If something sounds too good to be true....

Are the lights made in the USA? (Hard to imagine for a company so recently formed)

Filings:

Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC) (TX - Active)
State of Record: TX

State Reference ID: 801533420

File Date: Monday, January 09, 2012

Active: True

Filing Type: Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC)

Source: Texas Secretary of State last refreshed 6/23/2012

sleeper00

Observer
This was a response quoted from my vendor:

"We do some assembly, as well as quality control and testing, but yes they are manufactured in China. The LEDs are Cree and imported in to China. I know USA made would be preferred, and Rigid do assemble their light bars here, although I am not sure about their other lights. Vision X are made in Korea. We have no problem putting our lights against Rigid for a fair comparison, we believe they stack up well. We can do a Limited Lifetime Warranty, similar to what Rigid offers."

Hope this clears up any miss communication.

sleeper00

Observer
Ok guys. I got my 40" lightbar from AlienLED. This part of the review will just be unboxing, what comes in the box and a visual. A performance review will be on Monday.

The Package:

IMAG0211.jpg

The package was well sealed and wrapped up. I opened the initial box to find another box.

IMAG0212.jpg

This box contained what I was dying to see.

IMAG0213.jpg

I was happy that the lightbar was heavily secured with plenty of Styrofoam!

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

Inside the Styrofoam, the bar was placed in a plastic bag i'm guessing to protect the finish.

Here are the contents of the package:

IMAG0218-1.jpg

The boxes contained
- 40" Light Bar "From Planet Kick *****
- a full wiring harness with integrated relay, fuse and switch for a plug and play install
- Mounting hardware
- 4 clear zipties for the harness
- very clear directions for installation

IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg
IMAG0221.jpg
IMAG0220.jpg
IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg
IMAG0224.jpg
IMAG0224.jpg
IMAG0239.jpg

sleeper00

Observer
Here's some pics of the finish of the bar....Flawless!

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg
IMAG0228.jpg
IMAG0229.jpg
IMAG0230.jpg
IMAG0231.jpg
IMAG0232.jpg
IMAG0234.jpg
IMAG0235.jpg
IMAG0236.jpg
IMAG0237.jpg
IMAG0233.jpg
IMAG0225.jpg

The powdercoating on the aluminum construction is a decent thickness and appears to be of a higher quality coating than most of the competition. As you can see the seal on the lens is tight and well built. The clarity of the reflectors is as clear as day. A very well build bar for the price. Stay tuned for output test!

troyboy162

Adventurer
these lights are most likely manufactured by Aurora http://www.szaurora.com/1.aspx?id=121

If the vender is getting them into the country then hes doing well, as Pirate 4x4 members have talked about them being stopped at customs due to copyright violations with Rigid. They are the same style housing as Hanama (SP?) but use good Cree LED's, a proper lexan lens cover, and have good optic reflectors. Read the reviews online...they are supposed to be really good.

sleeper00

Observer
Thanks Troy, I can definately agree. Like you stated, Szaurora is actually having patent issues through rigid being that they copied there reflectors. I asked if these lightbars were szaurora lights and I was told they are not the same lights.

However, I have heard that companies were buying Aurora, hanma, sp light housings and changing out there own reflectors so they would be US legal. This would make sense for a company to do this being that Aurora lights were of outstanding quality! I believe in order to be legal, you need to have a reflector thats 7% or 15% of a decrease in the performance of the reflector from what rigid has patented. Which would mean that ultimately the rigid would perform 7% to 15% better.

What I do know is that alienled does infact have there own reflectors and seem to be high quality! Ofcourse I will know more after I test it.

The deal is this, is it truely worth paying double the price for a similar product? It's the consumers call ultimately, but for the adverage Joe, this product could be just what they are looking for... Just my opinion. That's why I'm going to run them.

I would like to add that I do not work for alienled, nor am I the person selling them. I just wanted a discount on them for my own use so that's why I'm hosting this group buy. I do this because I don't like paying full price for mods ;)

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sleeper00

Observer
!!!NEW Option: these bars can be ordered in white light, amber light or amber/white combo! (any amber or amber/white light orders need a 3 week extension for custom ordering)!!!

sleeper00

Observer
Ok Non X'ers, I made a video on my Droid Incredible, however, the quality of this video sucks! I need a nice high definition camera to give this light justice! Anyways here it is... again I apologize about the quality. Take in consideration the headlights brightness, and the Dually D2s to understand how much light comes off this thing! The testing was done with a 40" Spot Alien LED Light Bar. I'll find a High Def Camera tomorrow.

IMAG0242-1.jpg

barlowrs

Explorer
Why not, I'm in for a 40"er....also interested in the 2" Aero Pods depending on priceing. I cannot find them on the sites to see prices.

For the 40"er, would he be able to do Spots in the middle with just a few columns of floods on the outsides so that it mainly throws out, but also floods on the right and left of the vehicle?

Last edited:

sleeper00

Observer
Honestly, the spot throws plenty of light out. After testing tonight, I feel you don't need the flood up on the roof. If it was bumper lighting I would say go combo, but the spot is plenty efficient.

If you want a combo I believe its floods outside and spot center.

haven

Expedition Leader
I took this thread offline for a couple of days while I checked out the sale. It looked to me like a vendor trying to sell to ExPo members without becoming a sponsor. After gathering information from sleeper00, the group buy looks legitimate. When the time comes to make the purchase, interested parties will deal directly with the vendor, so there's no question about warranty or goods damaged in shipment.

Thanks, sleeper00, for putting this group buy together.

Chip Haven

sleeper00

Observer
Prices on the aero pods are now posted on the website at alienled.com. I believe the kit for two with a harness is $189. Take the 35% off and they are at about $125 per kit!

barlowrs

Explorer
Hmm i think i better just stick with the 40". so you are saying a plain spot still throws nice light out to the sides?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven