Gb: Alien led light bars! (Closed)

sleeper00

Observer
Good news on that. I gave the bar to my buddy to provide a thorough review comparing it to the rigid. I'll say this again, this comparison is to show the quality and performance next to a top product like rigid. The review should be finish within the next couple days. Hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

barlowrs

Explorer
I just received my 2" Aero Pods and got the installed as reverse lights. First off let me say that the whole kit is VERY high quality, the harness alone was MUCH nicer than any harness I have gotten before, including my Lightforce harness. The lights work AMAZINGLY well as reverse lights in my CBI bumper..for such a tiny light, they are BRIGHT. Can't wait for my light bar to arrive tomorrow, woohoo.

YukonRob

Adventurer
I just received my 2" Aero Pods and got the installed as reverse lights. First off let me say that the whole kit is VERY high quality, the harness alone was MUCH nicer than any harness I have gotten before, including my Lightforce harness. The lights work AMAZINGLY well as reverse lights in my CBI bumper..for such a tiny light, they are BRIGHT. Can't wait for my light bar to arrive tomorrow, woohoo.

Thanks for that review - I am very interested in the pods myself.

barlowrs

Explorer
Sorry I didn't get any pics, I wanted to get them installed late last night and just pushed through the install rather than taking pics. i will see if I can get some "after install" pics for you today. My light bar should be here as well, so I can get pics of the harness and stuff from that. If you are thinking about it, I say do it, they are VERY nice. The pics will be from a camera phone, so the light will probably be pretty hard to see, but I will try.

barlowrs

Explorer
OK, I posted this as part of my build thread, but it shows the 50" LED bar and the 2" Aero Pods..sorry pics are HORRRRRIBLE, its a camera phone.:

OK I have been doing some light upgrades lately, and here are the results so far. I apologize for the pics, it is a camera phone, so they are horrible, and truly do not do the LED lights justice.

Reverse Lights:
Stock Reverse Lights only:

2012-09-26200312.jpg

Alien Aero Pods: (For a single 10W LED in a 2” light, these things are INCREDIBLE! LOVE THEM! VERY high quality from the harness to the light):

2012-09-26200455.jpg

http://www.trailduty.com/product_info.php?cPath=563_562&products_id=1562

Fog lights:
Went from PIAA 510 to Blitzpro 3LR Light Pod (These are VERY cheap ~40.00 per pod, however I am testing them out for a friend of mine, and to be honest, so far I am EXTREMELY happy with them. WELL worth the $80.00 for the set. Sure there are brighter LED pods out there, but for fogs, these are just about perfect to me and blow the PIAA 510 out of the water) Just Fogs On:

2012-09-26200607.jpg

http://blitzpro.com/led-pod.html

Headlights:
Osram Rallye 70/65w H4 bulbs (From what I read, stock Tacoma wire harness is ok with the higher wattage. These are much brighter than stock) High Beams and Fogs On:

2012-09-26200656.jpg

http://store.candlepower.com/64205.html

Spot Beams:
Lightforce 170 Strikers (Don’t need to say much here, I think everyone knows how amazing lightforeces are) 2 Lightforce 120, High Beams, and Fogs On:

2012-09-26200739.jpg

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=49

LED Light Bar:
50” Alien Light Bar Euro Beam (The picture does not do it justice, It does not reach out as far as the pencil beam 170s, but COMPLELTY overpowers my high beams and throws MUCH further…basically fills the void between headlights and spot beams. It is an AMAZING amount of light! Also note that the LED bar is just resting on my hood, not mounted or aimed) High Beams and LED Light Bar Only:

2012-09-26201314.jpg

http://www.trailduty.com/product_info.php?cPath=563_561&products_id=1507
Notice it lights up the tree way out there past headlights on left...In person it throws MUCH more light than the pic shows

So in summary, the alien LED equipment is AMAZING quality, I recommend it to ANYONE! The blitzpro is MUCH cheaper, but VERY good bang for the buck. I actually have a few more blitzpro lights to try out once I get my flippac mounted, so I would not shy away from them at all.

sleeper00

Observer
Awesome review man! Looks great! Here's another review from the xterra forum on the aero pod lights. Enjoy everyone!

The Aeros arrived today. Might actually get to enjoy my days off this week which means they may actually get installed.

They showed up protected by some serious bubble wrap!

Came with some pretty good instructions. If you have never installed anything electrical or any lights that are similar, the directions would prove to be very helpful.

Each light was came packaged individually. Solid packaging.

Nice looking wiring. Everything is ready to install with the supplied switch. Only need to add a ground wire to run an illuminated switch, such as those made by OTRATTW. The lights are solid feeling. Not overly heavy, but enough heft to not feel cheap. The connections all looks good. No damage to anything that was included.

Cannot say anything about output right now. However I might just quickly hook them up to the truck later, just to see how they look. Won't be able to mount them up for a day or so.

not actually hooked up, just testing . . . I will be mounting them tomorrow most likely. I am digging the output for such small lights.

the euro beam

tried to get some good night shots. . . not really possible with only the iphone.

can't really tell here, but in real life you can see the building next to the light pole, as well as the woods in the background (one light only)

just pointed towards the ground (one light only)

these are bright!

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

sleeper00

Observer
And yet another satisfied customer!!! Talk about service!!!

(Quote taken from a PM on clubfrontier.org)

SDMF_Reaps said:
Hey,

I received my lightbar today. It was the wrong beam pattern. I called trail duty and he said he would ship out the correct one and a shipping label today. Cool!!

Well I thought I should call and talk to him about the difference and wether I would even notice. I figured I could save him some shipping if the combo would work. He advised me to mount it up and see what I thought and call back on Monday. I agreed that would be a good idea. Talk about good service!!

Then he stated that he would like to send me a set of aero lights for the inconvenience. I tried to tell him that was not necessary but he insisted. So now I'll have aero floods for reverse lights. What a guy! I am officially sold on these lights and the incredible customer service at trail duty!

sleeper00

Observer
Some more night shots from another member.

Some night shots of the 20 inch bar and two duallys. . . all are cell phone photos, not the best quality. but give you an idea

stock headlights and fog lights

stock headlights and fog lights, 20 inch alien led bar, and two led duallys

stock headlights and fog lights

stock headlights and fog lights, 20 inch alien led bar, and two led duallys

everything on, contract helicopter 3AE

Marc1904

Different
My experience:
I've been actually ordering light bars from Hanma and Aurora for over a year now directly. These are 100% NOT Hanma. The case, reflector and lens are totally different, as well as the light output and build quality.

On the same token, even if these are straight from Aurora, they're still a LOT cheaper than what they would be if someone were to order a small quantity directly due to shipping charges.

Not saying that these Alien X lights are either of these, but if they were...

If I can scrape together some cash, I'm in for a 30" euro bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven