HAM Operators- Post up here

ebg18t

Adventurer
Thanks guys. I think I may return the handheld radio a got from a freind and just but a proper 2m/440 Mobil for the truck.

crash54

New to the site

I found this site by accident and it fit my needs as I do off-road and have an Arctic Fox camper on my F-250.
I get out as much as possible.
In the truck, I have a Yaesu FT-897D and a Kenwood TM-710A. The antenna is an older Bandhopper for HF mounted on the front right corner, and a Diamond SR antenna for 2M and 440.
I also have a Polaris RZR800 with a tri-band Standard wired to a Sennheiser aviation headset for a little quieter audio.
I am interested in meeting other hams in the central Idaho region who do the same type of outdoor stuff.
I also would like to do the picture posting thing, but have no idea how to do it.

Thanks,
N7IBC (Larry)

SARguru

Observer
I got my ham licence back in 1996, Currently in my 2010 Suburban i have 2 Yaesu Ft7800. I am looking to add APRS looking at getting an Ft350 or FT400, unless i decide to use one if my older units ft8100 or ft2800 with an external TNC. Also looking at getting into DMR on the mototrbo.

Handheld i have 2 vx6r

Nic
VE3RSQ
Ottawa ON Cda

jsdierks

Jeff Dierks
Forum: jsdierks
2m/70 cm
Yaesu FT-8800
KD0VSP
Longmont, CO

Passed the technician exam at Overland Expo 13.

Anonymark

Observer
KC3BAE
Wilmington Delaware

Took the Tech test Saturday. Challenged the General and failed, but I had only been getting 65% on the practice tests. Studying for General and Extra now, hopefully in September.

I'm installing a Kenwood TMV 71-A that was reccomended by the local Ham shop. Just need to get a hood mount tomorrow. Can;t wait to get up and running!

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
KK4PVJ

Became a General in March. This past Saturday, am now /AE.

Virginia Beach. Still learning! Still drive an LJ too

Thanks for reading

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven