Hello I am new also....

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
IRONPIG, (Welcome) If I were looking towards this business deal from a Toyota stand point and wanted to convey images of safari and adventure while still having a "Roots/Vintage" based vehicle I'd use the HJ47 Troop Carriers aka "Troopys".

They have room for all the gear you'd want to carry. They are becoming more available as the 25 year import rule allows them to be eligible. They are newer/nicer than most 55's your going to find. Diesel motors, and the price/time investment is going to be less than resto/mod for a 55.

I just bought an imported HJ45 pickup from Australia. It's a one owner 1980truck.

new45rightprofile.jpg

Here is a green HJ47 that is for sale on the Ih8mud board currently

greenhj47a.jpg

Lastly, don't be too hard on Expedition Exchange. The owners are really great guys. They have carved a good little niche for themselves. I would imagine (From your earlier posts) their clients are the same clients your aiming to serve. Upscale, wealthy middle aged. I have met Jon and Ho and although I do not own a rover, they were great guys. They did try and convert me (And still do whenever we speak).

I would agree with you that some of the banter on the -EE- board is over the top, but hey...it's entertaining.

Last edited:

gjackson

FRGS
There are even some *Land Rover* owners here. I would say don't judge the car by the people, or the people by the car. What they do with what they've got is what's important.

But I'm really glad you came over to Expo. There are too many forums out there that have the attitude you experienced on EE. What's cool over here is that the focus tends to be what to do with the truck, not what truck it is.

60 series seems to have the things you are looking for for a lead truck. Have you considered something like a mog for the load carrier?

cheers

DBS311

Adventurer
I say get a 60/62 series.

As long as you are going downhill on the highway, speed isn't a problem.

iron pig

I do not hold anything against them at Expedition Exchange I still go to their site quite often, I am just pleasantly surprised at the great ans open attitude I find on this site.

I am not a wealthy individual ( I am married with 4 kids..lol ) so I think a LC would better fit my wallet anyways.

Thanks guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl