High Altitude Trailer XT 105

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

These guys are coming out with a harsided stand up. Don't see much out there on these trailers. This new rig is pricey but looks unique. Anyone have opinions on quality of High Altitude Trailers? Specifically thier suspension system?

SBSYNCRO

I have no personal experience with them, but looking quickly at the options and having had a couple of trailers including my current Turtleback with independent Icon suspension, I will never go back to straight axle trailers for off-road applications. The difference is so dramatic when you have an independently sprung trailer with high quality shocks. It tows better down the highway, follows down washboard roads, soaking up the bumps better than my Jeep, and handles off-road scenarios with aplomb.

Therefore the only option I'd consider would be the one they list as
  • Overlanding Deluxe Frame including Lock ‘N’ Roll® trailer hitch, Timbren 3500HD Independent suspension
That being said, I drag my trailer all kinds of places that a lot of people would think is nuts, so this kind of performance is a requirement for me. If you're going to be taking it down fire roads and camping at the beach, then a straight axle and 2" ball is probably fine... Really depends on your intended and likely usage scenarios.

Thx for reply. I just noticed on thier website the do offer Timbren s but on the new stand up it will like be 5k gvwr or even higher. Wonder if they will offer Timbren s. For folks needing an insulated 4 season rig this may be an awesome option. Hope they go with a winter kit that protects tanks and batteries

Never mind, found it under “quote your trailer”. Looks like nice components, looking forward to seeing some pictures. 93k base is a hefty price tag though… on the build breakdown it says they’re using 7000 lb timbren suspension

MoTex2011

Hello everyone, I have a deposit on the first production unit of the XT105 and I have been in regular contact with the company's founder. I last spoke to him yesterday (5/24) and the shell for my unit is about to be completed. I did happen to ask about the location of tanks and things and it sounds like everything will be inside. I was just at the Overland Expo West and spent quite a bit of time looking at the Xplore X22 and the MDC trailers. Right now, I feel like the HATco XT105 will be the better unit of those three, but I am worried about the interior space. I will be traveling with 2 dogs, so I need to be able to move around inside the RV on rainy days and when I'm preparing meals. So, there is still a chance that it may not work for me. If that is the case, I will be back to square one and I have no idea what I will do. I've ruled out so many Chinese built overland rigs like Black Series. I would probably need to go back to look at the Xplore X22 or XR22 again or just bite the bullet and fly over to Australia and look at some of their offerings. I am not super rich, but I would rather spend more than buy something that won't hold up.

Also, I spoke to some folks at the expo who shared that there will be a few new model from a US builder this fall that will approximate the size of the HATco XT105. So, more options are coming out.

What is the dimensions of the interior box of the HAT 105 compared to the xplore x22? I believe the x22 is 79" wide. Will the hat be wider? That may help feel more roomy. Flying to the other side of the world to import a trailer seem extreme to me. What about Kimberly? Mission Overland Approach looks cool but not sure if it is any bigger then the hat. Plus it will be a while be for they go into production. RKS Motive is probably bigger then the Hat and x22. If you go to big do you really need it to be offroadish? Bigfoot makes nice fiberglass Trailers. MDC is smaller and as to many Chinese parts. Xplore are well insulated but use to much wood, Luan and seems like folks spend thousands upgrading components but maybe your into that.

Hello everyone, I have a deposit on the first production unit of the XT105 and I have been in regular contact with the company's founder. I last spoke to him yesterday (5/24) and the shell for my unit is about to be completed. I did happen to ask about the location of tanks and things and it sounds like everything will be inside. I was just at the Overland Expo West and spent quite a bit of time looking at the Xplore X22 and the MDC trailers. Right now, I feel like the HATco XT105 will be the better unit of those three, but I am worried about the interior space. I will be traveling with 2 dogs, so I need to be able to move around inside the RV on rainy days and when I'm preparing meals. So, there is still a chance that it may not work for me. If that is the case, I will be back to square one and I have no idea what I will do. I've ruled out so many Chinese built overland rigs like Black Series. I would probably need to go back to look at the Xplore X22 or XR22 again or just bite the bullet and fly over to Australia and look at some of their offerings. I am not super rich, but I would rather spend more than buy something that won't hold up.

Also, I spoke to some folks at the expo who shared that there will be a few new model from a US builder this fall that will approximate the size of the HATco XT105. So, more options are coming out.

Do you have any updates on your xt105?

Climbbike6

Is the first production unit started or possibly completed. Looks to be one of the best insulated rigs in its class. How do you think it would work for full-time living? Would HAT consider a Tandum wheeled option?
The first production unit is complete and we learned a lot from it. It probably is the best insulated rig as well as seamless. It probably would do a fair job for full time living. It wasn't the goal and some people have lived full time out of our XT50 rigs. We have been tossing the idea of a double axle rig for the future which will probably be more of a 2024 release given that we are putting full time effort into this new model.

The first production unit is complete and we learned a lot from it. It probably is the best insulated rig as well as seamless. It probably would do a fair job for full time living. It wasn't the goal and some people have lived full time out of our XT50 rigs. We have been tossing the idea of a double axle rig for the future which will probably be more of a 2024 release given that we are putting full time effort into this new model.

Boy if you could work in a double axle unit for summer/fall 2023 you may have a buyer. My guess is said potential buyer will be in contact.

rehammer81

I contacted HAT looking for a floorplan and pictures of the XT105. I'm very interested but there is very little info available. Can you provide more info?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater