High Altitude Trailer XT 105

rehammer81

Contact thier dealer Doug at earthship overland in Denver. Straight up dude.
I did. He said something about HAT working with a national dealer for the XT105 so he had limited info. He was requesting the info I asked for that he would pass along to me or give them my info to respond directly.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Treefarmer

Hello everyone, I have a deposit on the first production unit of the XT105 and I have been in regular contact with the company's founder. I last spoke to him yesterday (5/24) and the shell for my unit is about to be completed. I did happen to ask about the location of tanks and things and it sounds like everything will be inside. I was just at the Overland Expo West and spent quite a bit of time looking at the Xplore X22 and the MDC trailers. Right now, I feel like the HATco XT105 will be the better unit of those three, but I am worried about the interior space. I will be traveling with 2 dogs, so I need to be able to move around inside the RV on rainy days and when I'm preparing meals. So, there is still a chance that it may not work for me. If that is the case, I will be back to square one and I have no idea what I will do. I've ruled out so many Chinese built overland rigs like Black Series. I would probably need to go back to look at the Xplore X22 or XR22 again or just bite the bullet and fly over to Australia and look at some of their offerings. I am not super rich, but I would rather spend more than buy something that won't hold up.

Also, I spoke to some folks at the expo who shared that there will be a few new model from a US builder this fall that will approximate the size of the HATco XT105. So, more options are coming out.
FYI. We have a request into them asking if they would consider building a four wheel version of XT105. I would call it "The Xplore X22 Killer"

DFNDER

Wow, $110K for the RoamerX/XT105 whatever you call it. Pandemic price gouging strikes again. No thanks. Only exceeded by Imperial’s even crazier pricing, or I suppose Bruder if you’re totally nutters.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Oh so the Roamer X is a rebranded High Altitude XT 105. When they first posted this trailer at 93k I was shocked. Then I took a look at the specs and it is very well equipped and did not look like one would need any options. Still think 93 k is a lot but could see well to do folks throwing down. Then HAT announces they are only selling the 105 through two dealers. Not there normal dealers. Now it appears like ROA is the exclusive dealer at least for 2023. So is there a difference in the XT 105 and the Roamer X. I bet not so 93k to 110 just like that. Can you even by a xt 150 or only the Roamer X? Seems like ROA is starting a price climb war with it self with the rebrand of imperial and HAT trailers. Correct me if I am wrong.

Treefarmer

Oh so the Roamer X is a rebranded High Altitude XT 105. When they first posted this trailer at 93k I was shocked. Then I took a look at the specs and it is very well equipped and did not look like one would need any options. Still think 93 k is a lot but could see well to do folks throwing down. Then HAT announces they are only selling the 105 through two dealers. Not there normal dealers. Now it appears like ROA is the exclusive dealer at least for 2023. So is there a difference in the XT 105 and the Roamer X. I bet not so 93k to 110 just like that. Can you even by a xt 150 or only the Roamer X? Seems like ROA is starting a price climb war with it self with the rebrand of imperial and HAT trailers. Correct me if I am wrong.
If it's not a "price climb war" , it'll do until the real price climb war gets here.? I'm also interested to see if these manufacturers will be able to build and deliver all of these new models at an acceptable quality level in 2023.

Treefarmer

Wow, $110K for the RoamerX/XT105 whatever you call it. Pandemic price gouging strikes again. No thanks. Only exceeded by Imperial’s even crazier pricing, or I suppose Bruder if you’re totally nutters.
There are a lot of conflicting pricing number floating around the internet. Where did you hear that that the RoamerX and will be $110k? Have you heard anything about Roamer1 pricing?

rehammer81

From ROA

Roamer 1 or 195- 155k

Roamer X or HAT 105 - 110

145- 125k
This is absurd! I'm very disappointed! They look like great trailers finally made in the USA and they basically built/priced them with a big middle finger to most Americans. I make great money but I'd have take out a damn mortgage for these things. I don't even have kids to pay for. These have their niche and appear to be well built, still not perfect in my opinion, but they are not 30+ft luxury fifth wheels or class A diesel pusher coaches.

If that is the price point they have identified to make profit then they need to option these trailers down. Let the elite option them up to this price. Most weekend warrior families won't need 1000+ Ah and Watts of battery and solar. Air ride is nice but that damped coil Cruismaster is probably pretty nice too.

Imperial Outdoor should be able to keep up with production because how many are really going to be ordered at that price? I'm sure there are some fortunate and/or brave people out there that will pull the trigger but that market has got to get thin quick.

DFNDER

The real question for me is who would ever take a trailer that expensive and fancy inside on anything but a mildly washboarded forest service or blm road? How’s that porcelain sink going to hold up when the rig drops a foot off a downhill ledge? They sell this off road fantasy and then make everything all fancy inside to the point where it’s all too nice to bang up. And so if you aren’t going to take it on anything really rugged, why bother with the pentagon budget build? Do people really want to feel like you’re in a fancy hotel room when overlanding? I know I don’t. I just don’t get where they are going with these things.

rehammer81

DFNDER, you make a fair point but there is video and pictures out there of people taking some of these rigs on some legit stuff. I've seen the Kimberley Karavan on some solid off-road trail. I think a lot of these are getting absurdly large for any off-road beyond dirt roads but that is going to be pretty regional. There is a lot of pretty wide open off-road trails in the west. Really what a lot of people are after is not necessarily crazy trail capability as much as being durable enough to regularly leave the pavement and not vibrate and bounce themselves to pieces if you go over 5-10 mph. To be able to sustain for longer then a weekend beyond the hookups of an RV park.

Durability in construction of these trailers is real and will cost you no doubt. What needs to stop is the talk like these trailers are these amazing technological advancements. The trailing arm suspension, even with air, is not a dynamic F1 suspension or baja trophy truck or crazy rock crawler. A lithium battery bank connected to some charge controller components and solar panels with an inverter and plugs/USB ports is not a highly sophisticated electronics control system loaded with sensors and software. There is no highly tuned performance engine driving this thing. While it is an over simplification, it is a box on wheels that must be towed and provides power available for some lights and to plug some electronic toys in, a normal bed and a toilet/shower.

DFNDER

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t even know what best trailer in the world means when these are all just boxes with more or less the same type of third party technology assembled this way or that way. Yes, solid construction costs more, but they are basically making these things “luxurious” to justify ridiculous prices when fancy interiors don’t make sense at all for a true adventure trailer.

DFNDER

I think the 195 and Roamer1 are the same thing now. Maybe Roamer1 is ROA’s rebranded version and 195 is Imperial’s product name. They seem to use either to refer to the same trailer now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater