Honduras Bound

spearwarrior

Observer
I'm running 2" spacer/adapters all the way around and still need 1/4" spacers in the front. Finally finished and was able to drive the van home!! Bad news is the check engine light came on half way home. Stopped at the ford dealer only to find out that injector #5 is bad.
front & rear bumpers, roof rack and wiring still need to be done after getting the injector fixed. But nice to get a step forward even at the expense of 2 back.

seems too high in the rear, hope once the aft fuel tank is full and the full size spear with 10 gallon can on the back it sits level

IMG_20140322_131311.jpg

spearwarrior

Observer
Well had the bad injector replaced. Able to get above 55mph but still loosing power up slight incline. Transmission doesn't seem to be shifting right. any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get this resolved before the weekend.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
EGR stuck open or VGT vanes in turbo stuck are my first two guesses. Pull the EGR valve to see if it is carbon fouled.

spearwarrior

Observer
Planned to leave on the 10th heading to Honduras. Had #5 injector replaced but was still having issues and decided to have the rest replaced as well. arp head studs, egr delete, coolant flush, coolant filter, Coolant Swap to a silicate-free ELC, rebuild hpop. Anything else i'm missing or should get done while the cab is off? I'm also getting sct/custome tune from MKM.

IMG_20140405_124528.jpg

spearwarrior

Observer
Oh and new Ford OEM oil cooler. Clean the turbo too.

Was thinking about getting larger truck oil cooler but doing that myself next month. The Turbo will be cleaned. I'll have them check the harness and see what they advise. Thanks for the input. I spent few hours re reading parts of your thread today. What if any transmission bypass filter did you go with?

spearwarrior

Observer
New oil cooler is already on the list, thanks I was going to order the Dieselite filter but its being redesigned. No rush on that as I can do it with the cab in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3