how heavily is is jeep modified? how much do you have into it?

Jakes01234

Explorer
HAFICON
In regards to the herculiner. I also went this route and I will agree it's not the best, but it can be better. Herculiner sticks to itself very good. I clean mine and just re apply the "not so nice" areas as needed. I'm still on my original gallon can and have done this a few times now. So $80 and some time instead of the $600 Rhinoliner and LineEx is good with me.

GFA

Adventurer
HAFICON
In regards to the herculiner. I also went this route and I will agree it's not the best, but it can be better. Herculiner sticks to itself very good. I clean mine and just re apply the "not so nice" areas as needed. I'm still on my original gallon can and have done this a few times now. So $80 and some time instead of the $600 Rhinoliner and LineEx is good with me.

Next time try raptor liner. I've done the herculiner also and it's crap compared to raptor. Raptor is sprayed on for a much nicer texture and hardens similar to line x. We did my sons LJ a year and a half ago and it still looks new, wears very well.

Jakes01234

Explorer
I wish I used something different but now I'm half @ss committed to it. I think it would be a solid waste of a weekend to get the herculiner off and out of all the nooks and crannies. I may some day.....

HAFICON

Adventurer
I agree on the waste of time but I might take a shoot at it one day. I have another full gallon kit that was give to me and 1/2 a gallon kit left over. I used a gallon and a half to coat my JKU tub I might try some chemical removal first.

But yea I am going to go back with Raptor liner or Monster liner.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
I tore my carpets out a few years back and still haven't gotten it bedlined yet ha

I'm in the same boat. I have polished the tub with my heel on the driver's side. Raptor liner is on my list to have done next spring.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I had about $10k in upgrades to my 2005 Ruby LJ.
35" Tires, 1" Spidertrax wheel spacers, AEV 4.5" springs, Rancho 9000 shocks, Currie short arm kit, Nth degree tummy tuck, Currie skid tabs on the shock mounts and misc plating underneath. Nth Degree rear diff skid. Currie front diff cover. ORO pneumatic swaybar disconnect up front. ORO heavy duty steering kit (which I didn't like all that much), Viair hardmount onboard air and tank. Hanson front and rear bumpers. Warn winch. Hanson rear tire carrier and cargo rack., Auxillary driving lights. Upgraded headlights, plus misc interior farkles like upgraded stereo, hardmount Baja540 GPS, etc...Besttop softtop and OEM hardtop, and tube style half doors for the summer.

It was perfect. Could do anything and go anywhere....except go past a gas station without stopping :)

MJR-Bullfrog-18-X2.jpg

Last edited:

CJustin7

Adventurer
Wow .... Just Wow.... That is probably the 2nd Liberty I've seen that's impressed me.
Very nice !!!
Way to go against the grain !!!

HAFICON

Adventurer
Yea the liberties built right is nice.. Back in Va. at Starr Motors which yes is a Jeep dealer. They built in shop a Liberty, full coil over, D60 front and rear with 42" MTR tires.. that thing is in sane. Even cooler that a Jeep dealer built it but they also have a pretty nice off road course out back.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Yea the liberties built right is nice.. Back in Va. at Starr Motors which yes is a Jeep dealer. They built in shop a Liberty, full coil over, D60 front and rear with 42" MTR tires.. that thing is in sane. Even cooler that a Jeep dealer built it but they also have a pretty nice off road course out back.

Pictures...????

tommudd

Explorer

Would of been better if they would of gotten everything to work the way it should. Problem was no speedo, lots of things left undone as far as electronics to be fully functional

wanabxtrm

Observer
I guess I'd consider mine light to moderately modified. The most expensive thing I've done was bumpers, and they were used. I've installed everything myself so there's the time cost too.
Other stuff in order of install: Tub line-x (dealer had never done one before and underestimated his labor cost=Good for me), gobi rack & Yakima bars, misc DIY cheap mods, used COD wheels/tires & suspension (basically free vs new tires ), dual battery tray (gives room for winch solenoid box) bumpers and winch. Cargo/pet barrier.

Jeep: 08 rubi unlimited- ~25k off the lot, my quick math puts the above up to around ~4k; so Ill call it an even 30. Recently had it appraised for trade in at ~20k (I'm just shy of 85k miles), as we just purchased a sequoia for the family. Overall I'm happy with that from an 'auto investment' standpoint. Surely there's better things to spend money on, but each mod has come in time with a purpose, and has provided it's intended result; enjoyment with family.

The only other thing I can see putting into it would be a new suspension, given its weight, but it handled a drive from NJ to LA filled to the brim ok last year, and did the same from CA to NJ previously. So that probably won't occur for another 100,000 miles now that we're getting a new family hauler.

Just prior to moving...
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=232656&d=1403569602

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I had about $10k in upgrades to my 2005 Ruby LJ.
35" Tires, 1" Spidertrax wheel spacers, AEV 4.5" springs, Rancho 9000 shocks, Currie short arm kit, Nth degree tummy tuck, Currie skid tabs on the shock mounts and misc plating underneath. Nth Degree rear diff skid. Currie front diff cover. ORO pneumatic swaybar disconnect up front. ORO heavy duty steering kit (which I didn't like all that much), Viair hardmount onboard air and tank. Hanson front and rear bumpers. Warn winch. Hanson rear tire carrier and cargo rack., Auxillary driving lights. Upgraded headlights, plus misc interior farkles like upgraded stereo, hardmount Baja540 GPS, etc...Besttop softtop and OEM hardtop, and tube style half doors for the summer.

It was perfect. Could do anything and go anywhere....except go past a gas station without stopping :)

MJR-Bullfrog-18-X2.jpg

What an awesome picture of an awesome Jeep, in an awesome spot! :beer:
I'm almost afraid to ask... it sounds like you don't have it any more?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk