How is an XJ for a big guy?

SixLug

Explorer
Something Ill ad to this really quickly is that vent shades on the windows will make you duck down a little to look out the side windows. Im 6' 2" and have to do this on mine. Just something to consider.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I have friends who have xjs and love them. I always had wranglers. Now that I have twins we have 2 kjs and love them.:safari-rig:

unforgiven

hey there, i have a 2004 tj unlimited, great room. wife has an 88 xj no room for me. tried on a 2001 xj, she had to drive, cuz i couldn't fit under the roof worth a darn. had a 97 zj (traded off on the tj) it was fantastic for headroom and side to side. definately want another zj of the same era.

now for specs, lol.

im a big guy, at 6'2 may not sound too tall, but the huge thing for you to consider is this.

i'm stumpy in the legs, with only a 28" inseem, so the height is mostly in the upper body making the xj impossible. well, not impossible, but extremely, and i MEAN extremely uncomfortable. add to that a shaved head, combat stops by the wife just to laff at me as my head gets caught on the headliner.

so, in closing, if you are tall in the body, skip the xj, go for the zj or the tj. zj rides like a cadillac, tj and xj ride like a jeep.

albeit, lifting the xj has made it ride a lot smoother.

jmho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3