How many xj owners on here

alky350

OverlandXJ said:
I'v been tinkering as the weather allows. Heres a sneak peak..

XJbodywork009.jpg

nice xj, x-crawler?

b jeepin

Adventurer
my old xj's new build in progress

this was my 89 gone now
liazardandliftonjeep037.jpg
[/IMG]
sundaymarch5thyankeesprings055.jpg
[/IMG]

this is my 94 going to be sold next week
graylingtrip141.jpg
[/IMG]
graylingtrip142-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Georgia Mike

Here's my '91 when I bought it for $200 (not running-but I cut out the bad plug on the CPS and butt connected the wires back together and it ran fine after that :wings: )
000_0125.jpg

Here it is at it sits now:
100_0867.jpg

000_0138.jpg

100_0871.jpg

I'm starting to get to the point where rock crawling is getting old, and am looking to equip the XJ more for adventure with the family. I may even fix the body and interior, and throw on a decent paint job, too. :victory:

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
ckale1 said:
2001 XJ 3.5 on 33's

Dude, how did you get your XJ with a 3.5" lift to fit 33's???

I had a Skyjacker 3" on my '98 and i cut THE HELL out of the fenders, but those 33's would NOT fit in there. The tires rubbed as soon as i turned the wheel about 30%...

My tires are 33x12.5R15's on wheels with 3.75" of backspace.

ckale1

Observer
Fitting 33's

Magic I guess...JK. It's just the RE 3.5 SF kit with factory canyon wheels and 1.5" wheel spacers. The RE kits do run a little big, but you can see in the pic's I'm trimmed up to the washer bottle. Here is another flex shot at URE.

DPP_0006-1.jpg

jh504

Explorer
OverlandXJ said:
I'v been tinkering as the weather allows. Heres a sneak peak..

XJbodywork009.jpg

What kind of fender flare is that on the front? Is it a rear TJ flare or a flare from a newer model XJ?

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
ckale1 said:
Magic I guess...JK. ..... and 1.5" wheel spacers.

I guess those spacers helped quite a bit!
I cut and cut and cut, but wit hthe crappy Skyjacker kit, i was rubbing badly on the firewall. Good work on yours!

ckale1

Observer
Thanks. Since being on this forum, I have thought about going to a 16" wheel and something close to an 34/11.50. I dont know what that would be in metric, but I like the tall skinny look. What do you guys think?

gprsdlyt

Adventurer
heres mine. runs 35's with room to stuff, going to 37's. rear, spooled d44 (thats a xj d44) w/ chromo shafts. front, hp d30 (non disco conv), truetrac, chromo shafts. np231 w/ ss sye, f&r Double Cardans....etc
29nbd5i.jpg

Last edited:

jh504

Explorer
ckale1 said:
Thanks. Since being on this forum, I have thought about going to a 16" wheel and something close to an 34/11.50. I dont know what that would be in metric, but I like the tall skinny look. What do you guys think?

I am running a 33x12.50 right now and I am considering taller and skinnier next time around. I think a something around a 34x11.50 is what I am looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal