How many xj owners on here

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
jh504 said:
What kind of fender flare is that on the front? Is it a rear TJ flare or a flare from a newer model XJ?

Correct.. 97+ XJ flares. I'm going back to earlier style though, had enough of these popping off the nutstrips.

I also plan a taller/narrower tire next set. 33x10.50 or maybe a 285/75 which i think equates to a 34x11?

jeephog

Hey guys, new here. Absorbing as much information as humanly possible. Here's my 91 XJ at URE national forrest.
DSCF0843.jpg

DSCF0856.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

217.jpg

jh504

Explorer
jeephog said:
Hey guys, new here. Absorbing as much information as humanly possible. Here's my 91 XJ at URE national forrest.
DSCF0843.jpg

DSCF0856.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

217.jpg

Welcome, good to see a local on here. Do you go to Uwharrie much?

jeephog

All but the bottom pic are from this past Saturday. I try to go at least once a month if possible. Got my season pass this year, so gotta make it worth my while. This past weekend I was able to introduce 4 of my friends who all have Jeeps to the trails there. Let's just say that the bug bit hard this weekend. 3 of the 4 Jeeps had never even been in the dirt before. It was great!

jh504

Explorer
jeephog said:
All but the bottom pic are from this past Saturday. I try to go at least once a month if possible. Got my season pass this year, so gotta make it worth my while. This past weekend I was able to introduce 4 of my friends who all have Jeeps to the trails there. Let's just say that the bug bit hard this weekend. 3 of the 4 Jeeps had never even been in the dirt before. It was great!

I will definitly have to meet up with y'all one weekend. My Jeeps been out to Pisgah but it hasnt seen Uwharrie yet. Maybe in the next couple of months we can set up a meet, and if any other ExPo members want to meet up that would be cool too.

Last edited:

jh504

Explorer
Iv been through Pisgah a couple of times and I will be going back sometime this summer. I might even hit Tellico depending on what is open. I tend to stay on the TN border East of GSMNP, there are alot of logging roads through the NF to explore. Being that your in Indian Trail you most likely know alot more about that area than me.

jeephog

That would be awesome. Yeah, I spent alot of summers camping up there, on the NC side as a kid. But I have yet to have my Jeep up there. I've not even been up to Tellico yet. Uwharrie is actually closer to me than Pisgah, but not by too much.

Please let me know when you plan to roll through here, heading up that way. I could even day trip up there. New trails are what I'm hunting now. My buddy in the white Scrambler is really looking forward to more places to play as well.

jh504

Explorer
jeephog said:
That would be awesome. Yeah, I spent alot of summers camping up there, on the NC side as a kid. But I have yet to have my Jeep up there. I've not even been up to Tellico yet. Uwharrie is actually closer to me than Pisgah, but not by too much.

Please let me know when you plan to roll through here, heading up that way. I could even day trip up there. New trails are what I'm hunting now. My buddy in the white Scrambler is really looking forward to more places to play as well.

I will see if I can get a couple of XJ guys from around here to come and maybe we could either meet up at Uhwarrie, since you know those trails, or head up to Pisgah. I will see what I can put together and when, and then I will start a new thread with some details.

Jay S.

Observer
jh504 said:
I will see if I can get a couple of XJ guys from around here to come and maybe we could either meet up at Uhwarrie, since you know those trails, or head up to Pisgah. I will see what I can put together and when, and then I will start a new thread with some details.

I will be up in Murphy/Tellico with my XJ renting a cabin for a week the 3rd week in June. Let me know if anyone wants to do some trails. I was just up there the first weekend in May and the only trails that are closed are the extreme ones (#9, Lower 2)

Later,
Jay

expoxj

Adventurer
I've got one too!!

jeepmtn.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

Got a 00 with a little over 2" lift, rubi 31's, and a tracloc in the rear. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Its amazing the places you can go an explorer when you have a 4x4. I'm excited about going to moab this year!:jump:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal