Howdy from Canada

Mr. Plumber

Been lurking here for some time and decided to join up with you fine folks and share my experiences and most importantly my truck.

'07 Toyota Tacoma TRD sport
So far my mods include.
3" suspension lift
285 75 16 ******** Cepek FC II's
AR 16 rims
Vagabond Cap
Custom hitch basket ( by me :) )
Rhino lined under carriage and frame
and more to come....

S3010031-2.jpg

Happy trails
S3010033-1.jpg

S3010035-1.jpg

Custom rack attaches to trailer hitch

S3010033.jpg

S3010032-1.jpg

Up in the rockies near jasper on a 8 day trip, just me and my husky/wolf with the truck still stock
S3010007.jpg

S3010013.jpg

S3010006.jpg

Came across some fresh tracks of a Grizzly with Insomnia
S3010009.jpg

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Welcome to ExPo. Nice looking truck. How does that rack perform on trails? I've thought of something like that, but thought it might be too tippy.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Mc Taco said:
Welcome to ExPo. Nice looking truck. How does that rack perform on trails? I've thought of something like that, but thought it might be too tippy.

You can remove a lot of the instability with racks like this by replacing the 5/8 pin with something like the Silent Hitch Pin http://www.adventuretrailers.com/accessories.html the pin removes the movement between the 2" receiver tube and what ever is slide into it.

Unfortunately the OD of 2" tube varies as does it's shape, some have square edges others rounded, so the tightness of the fit varies.

See a diagram of the pin here http://expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10960&d=1191519594

Mr. Plumber

Thanks MC Taco

the rack works great and it isnt tippy at all. I used square tubing that fits into the reciever very tight ( have to hit it with a rubber mallet to get it in ). I carry a small BBQ .. jerry cans and a large plastic container with dry goods in it . I even the load on either side so that its fairly balanced. I built it stout to hold about 300 lb.
here is another few pics of the reciever.

S3010031-1.jpg

S3010029-1.jpg

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Canadian aboard!

Welcome aboard! Nice rig and cool custom rack. Great to see some more Canadians come on board.

Cheers :beer:,
P

Mr. Plumber

Thanks guys ..

Look forward to sharing some good idea's and build ups .
After Christmas Ill have more $$ for a new bumper :jumping:

BTW Merry Christmas to you and yours

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy