Hunter Build

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
I will always lust after a two door. Don't know why but to me it's the only way a RRC should have been offered :D

I couldn't agree more. unless they would offer a 2dr convertible that wasn't heinous looking.

What a great looking Hunter. Really really nice. I like the contrast of newly installed parts vs parts that are covered in grease, oil, and grime.

Mike and Myles

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Eric, probably not, it's my last weekend home before I leave for a month working in the Alaskan frontier with the USPHS. No phones no internet etc, probably better to spend it with my wife and daughter.

rover4x4

Adventurer
Someone elses used parts are always the best, they create the illusion youve wheeled your truck and have had it a long time. I buy as many used parts as possible.

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
Someone elses used parts are always the best, they create the illusion youve wheeled your truck and have had it a long time. I buy as many used parts as possible.

Just remember to sit them in the back of the truck before installation. A proper acclimatisation is good, otherwise the truck may reject the transplant. :ylsmoke:

Mike and Myles

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Its tomorrow, where are my pictures? :D

Here is a little rusty 2 door love for ya.
Overland%20Canyon%2001.jpg

Mike and Myles
I LOVE THAT TRUCK!!!!!! SO nice mate.

anyway, back OT: How goes the build???

Cheers

Dave

ArmyRover

Adventurer
It hasn't changed much since a few days ago lol. Need to put some front pads on it this weekend. It would seem 400 miles a week of stop and go is wearing them out. I'm also going to do my best to do the A-Arm relocation and ball joint this weekend.

I don't worry about the story my used parts present, I just like the huge savings over new since I'm a cheap bastard. :D

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Wow it's been awhile, not much has changed on the old girl. I did get her out to wheel this summer and she did great. It was nice getting out and covering it in some mud. Still need to do some of the major work but I've been lazy on wrenching.

Viggen

Just here...
Just read through your thread. Love your Hunter. When I get back from the UK, Im going to try and find a clean RRC. I love the BJ60 but the D1 I had before it and my general affinity for Brit stuff (multiple MGs and a BSA) means Im driven towards another Rover. Did you upgrade to 24 spline stuff or did it come with them? I cannot remember the year break down from 10 to 24.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Just read through your thread. Love your Hunter. When I get back from the UK, Im going to try and find a clean RRC. I love the BJ60 but the D1 I had before it and my general affinity for Brit stuff (multiple MGs and a BSA) means Im driven towards another Rover. Did you upgrade to 24 spline stuff or did it come with them? I cannot remember the year break down from 10 to 24.

Drinking heavily again? LOL!

Viggen

Just here...
Drinking heavily again? LOL!

Pub on every corner... But I really do like his RRC. I loved the 60 but every time I walk past a Rover out here, Im more and more sure that I am going to get another one. Cannot help it. I walk past diesel 80s, Prados and Hiluxs but they just dont do the same thing. If I can find an early RRC, Im going to bring it home. Theres a SWEET, minty 2 door for sale that has me drooling.

ArmyRover, 3" springs? 285s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal