Hunter Build

rover4x4

Adventurer
Wheres that Terra Firma stuff made? China? Why not Rovertracks rear links? The bumper looks good, any chance he will offer these in the future?

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Oooooo, those r purty! Glad to see you were getting something accomplished this weekend while I was playing. :)

Any tips for when I go to install my RoverTracks arms?

I heard your winch got a work out :D

Buy new bolts for the axle mount and nuts. I ended up having to cut one off with a sawzall seems to be a theme for the passenger side of my RRC. Make sure to spray the nuts for a few days prior with your favorite lube. Other than that it's as easy as it comes.

Wheres that Terra Firma stuff made? China? Why not Rovertracks rear links? The bumper looks good, any chance he will offer these in the future?

From what I heard later it is China, a friend had just started carrying Terra Firma so I gave him my business. I really wanted to go with the Lucky8 rock crusher trailing arms but he was out of stock and wasn't sure when he would have more so I went with the TF's.

Next time I talk with Brad at roxtar fab I'll ask him if he has any plans to offer it. I should be talking with him soon as I'm thinking of sending my scorpion front bumper over to him to get it to his powder coater, for a fresh coating.

fishEH

Explorer
Next time I talk with Brad at roxtar fab I'll ask him if he has any plans to offer it. I should be talking with him soon as I'm thinking of sending my scorpion front bumper over to him to get it to his powder coater, for a fresh coating.

Brad's trailing arms looked very stout and I believe he used heims on the threaded end. You think his powder coater will sandblast it for you, or will that be on you?

ArmyRover

Adventurer
I was planning on cleaning it up before sending it over, don't know what other services his guy offers. I know he does a zinc coating before the powder coat so it should be pretty rust resistant.

ArmyRover

Adventurer
For those asking about the bumper...

Roxtar said:
I've had a few inquiries about ordering these.
As most know, at RockStar Fabrication, our primary focus is on tube bumpers.
This bumper was a custom one-off for Bill.
He had helped me out on a previous occasion. That and I try to help out military personnel whenever possible.

Since he already had a Scorpion front that he wanted to somewhat match, we decided to go with a different style than I normally do.
This is the result.

I didn't make a jig to replicate this bumper but, if there is enough demand, I'll obviously be willing to set up a production run.

RSF currently offers a swing away spare carrier that can easily be fit to this bumper.

Pricing should be in the same ballpark as our current line.

Email me at brad@roxtarfab.com if you have interest in this.

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Well I was doing my trailing arms I greased the rear axle. Apparently I pulled the grease zerk out of the upper rear u-joint. It started to fail on me, but I got it pulled apart and changed out both the joints.

I also scored a double cardon front shaft and some GBR front axles :coffeedrink:

achampagne

Explorer
I'd like it say it was booming, but its not, I do most of the posts I think. its pretty dead, and its sad that community fell apart.

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
Looking good!

Lets see some picts of how the hunter sits with the new arms and the bumper on the back. :D

x2 on getting the bolts for the rear trailing arms ahead of time. I had to cut one off as well.

Mike and Myles

ArmyRover

Adventurer
It now definitely looks like its heading up hill a bit. I'll take some more pics tomorrow. Work has not been moving along since I've been basically living at work the last two weeks.

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Finally, some real work has been accomplished :D

I got the rear suspension spacers in and it leveled out the RRC nicely. As a added bonus, I installed a set of RTE Radius Arms to get the front end back to the way it should be. I'll have some pictures up tomorrow. :victory:

Last edited:

ArmyRover

Adventurer
So here are a few update pics not the greatest but good enough for now. We had a Chicago Land Rover Club meeting today so I took a few quick shots while the trucks were parked together. Kinda strange how low to the ground the G4 looks next to my Hunter. Tomorrow with a little luck the sliders will be installed.

IMAG0675.jpg

IMAG0676.jpg

IMAG0674.jpg

A little RTE goodness on the radius arms :D

IMAG0677.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsgreg