Hunter Build

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Well I left the Hunter with Brad at Roxtarfab while I was on vacation in florida for a week. When I got back I had a brand new set of sliders fresh from the powder coaters. I also got to see what Brad had come up with for my rear bumper. He used the hunter to mock it up and here is the results. He decided to go a different route than he originally planned and needless to say I'm very happy with the outcome:victory:

Attachments

• rear bumper.jpg
    rear bumper.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Billsrearbumper012.jpg
    Billsrearbumper012.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 88
  • Billsrearbumper007.jpg
    Billsrearbumper007.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 77

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Thanks Jason, it headed off to the powder coaters this morning so with a little luck it will be on the RRC this weekend.

I would have posted pics of the sliders, but my upper gate latch froze so I couldn't open it up to pull them out lol

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Well here it is fresh from powder coating, Brad even helped install it when I skipped out of work for the afternoon and drove to the shop to pick it up. :D

I really appreciate all the help and effort Brad gave, in finally getting a rear bumper for my RRC. www.roxtarfab.com in case anyone needs a bumper sliders etc. I highly recommend this shop.

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

Charo

Observer
The noise isn't to bad, but the heat of the tranny tunnel would allow me to slow roast dinner on a long drive. My plan is to add a layer of lizard skin and then make rubber mats for it. In the cold mornings the heat is nice but in the summer it could make meat fall of the bone lol.

Have you done anymore on this front? When my heater core bit the dust and ruined the front carpet/foam, I did the same thing thinking it would help with noise. I didn't count on the built in toaster oven! Should have researched the lizard skin - have you tried it yet? I ended up putting the carpet and padding back in the back floorboard and behind the back seat to help with heat and noise reduction. Would take a front replacement if I could find one cheap. Thought the bedliner would be a good idea for easy cleaning - not so good afterall in my opinion.

sven

Adventurer
I like the bumpers side profile and how it looks less "tubular" than his normal bumpers. If he made this type for the D1, Id buy it.

ArmyRover

Adventurer
I like the bumpers side profile and how it looks less "tubular" than his normal bumpers. If he made this type for the D1, Id buy it.

Give Brad a call, this wasn't a bumper he offered. He built it custom for me, he might be willing to do it for you.

fishEH

Explorer
Well the trailing arms are in place after much cussing and screaming.

IMAG0669.jpg

Oooooo, those r purty! Glad to see you were getting something accomplished this weekend while I was playing. :)

Any tips for when I go to install my RoverTracks arms?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3