Hypothetical F250 build

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
That's why we haven't moved. Even the modest houses we are looking at will give us a 150-200k mortgage again at 6%. No thanks.
I get that. Detached starter homes here are like 400K. I recall in 2005 some friends bought a brand new starter home for 180K.
My 1st house which was a townhouse w/ single attached garage bought the following year was $125K. Not anymore!

Grassland

Woody, or Woodrow Hairrelson if you want to be formal.
He is a rescue from a northern reserve. Seems mostly German Shepherd with some Husky.
Very good boy so far.
Still need a work truck plan, but for the time being I can just pay attention to this handsome boy. He isn't good with stairs or jumping, but I don't want him jumping too early anyway.

norcaltoy

I've got nearly the exact truck you're considering.

Ordered it last year, took 10 weeks to get.

22 F250 XL w/stx, 7.3, 4.30s, rear locker, 360 cam in super cab short bed. Paid 47k USD.

I added 35s on 17 inch wheels, did a basic Leveling kit with new coils, extended brake lines and fox 2.0 shocks. Bed drawers, softopper, fridge and subwoofer in the cab.

Door says I get 3,332 lbs load capacity

Grassland

@Grassland if it helps a F250 with the STX package is $58k in 2023. $11k price jump from '22. If you want a 7.3 the XL package doesn't make sense financially. At least in the US.
It doesn't make tons of sense here unless u want LED headlights and non chrome bumpers from the factory without all the jazz and extra cost the same equipment requires on an XLT. A plain Jane XLT equipped otherwise identical (sans LED headlights and body color bumpers) is still low 70s CAD.

Dog update: Woody has decided he will eat house plants to spite me when I take my attention away while cooking dinners. His teeth are still coming in and he also decided eating my wife's flowers and trying to eat the couch will help, despite a large variety of toys in various shapes, sizes, textures.

He rotates from being the best dog ever to a rascal, often daily. Boy is he handsome tho.
Caught him trying to eat the couch and he went submissive... Oh wait no! It's a feint! His jaws are still on the couch!

Attachments

• IMG_20230725_204823.jpg
    IMG_20230725_204823.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230724_143935.jpg
    IMG_20230724_143935.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

thegoldrun

23 F350 XL STX 7.3 4.30 w/ $4k warn winch, msrp $65k love it. Rides like ******** though compared to my last truck, a GMC 1500 with 3L diesel and slide-in camper. Swapping suspension next week. IMO a new truck must have LED headlights, this is the cheapest way in on a Super Duty. Get the 350 over 250 for sure, 4412# payload. A real truck!

IMG_5239.jpeg

norcaltoy

Huh. 47k USD is like 64k CAD. Why the hell is everything so much more expensive here still??
Nothing but crew cabs in the 80s around me.
Can't speak for the CDN prices but I placed the order for my truck. Added what I considered practical upfits and otherwise kept it basic. I don't need heated/cooled seats, etc. LED headlights would have been nice but they were about a 2k upgrade if I remember. Not including having to go to a higher trim level truck.

I was also able to use ford's partner purchase program. X plan I believe.

I also opted for an F250 with the 10k GVWR instead of the F350 for licensing reasons. It's not terribly common but in the US a gvwr over 11,500 falls onto a gray area for personal vs commercial and can cause some hassle potentially. I have a CDL and likely wouldn't be able to claim ignorance even though the laws make very little sense to me.

Alloy

My buddy had a 2018 F150 that he was having know issues (20/20 hindsight he wishes he bought extended warranty) with the transmission shifting and the engine. Last week he traded it in on a 2023 F150. Both of us think it's a cheaper build.

Go to a lot and check the payload on door stickers. My F450 was suppose to have a 5,300lb payload. When it arrived the door sticker has the payload at 4,900lb. I scaled it with a full DEF (50lbs) tank and 3 miles of fuel in the tank it was 430lbs heavier than the weight shown on the NVIS.

Another buddy has a Tundra on order. He's going to put a Tuffport in the back for work/camping/fishing by himself and will add jacks to take it off to tow the family RV.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
My buddy had a 2018 F150 that he was having know issues (20/20 hindsight he wishes he bought extended warranty) with the transmission shifting and the engine. Last week he traded it in on a 2023 F150. Both of us think it's a cheaper build.

Go to a lot and check the payload on door stickers. My F450 was suppose to have a 5,300lb payload. When it arrived the door sticker has the payload at 4,900lb. I scaled it with a full DEF (50lbs) tank and 3 miles of fuel in the tank it was 430lbs heavier than the weight shown on the NVIS.

Another buddy has a Tundra on order. He's going to put a Tuffport in the back for work/camping/fishing by himself and will add jacks to take it off to tow the family RV.
I had a deal on a '22 Tundra before I looked at the new F150's. Decided to look at the new F150's and ended up ordering a '22.
Tundra was....okay... Nothing wrong with them, I just felt the F150 was nicer and offered more.
No box step in Tundra, couldn't option tow mirrors, remote start was a monthly subscription, no flat load floor, only 3:31 axle ratio, 8" screen vs 12" screen in the F150 etc, etc...

But to each their own. You know what they say about opinions.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I had a deal on a '22 Tundra before I looked at the new F150's. Decided to look at the new F150's and ended up ordering a '22.
Tundra was....okay... Nothing wrong with them, I just felt the F150 was nicer and offered more.
No box step in Tundra, couldn't option tow mirrors, remote start was a monthly subscription, no flat load floor, only 3:31 axle ratio, 8" screen vs 12" screen in the F150 etc, etc...

I missed the fold flat floor in the rear, so glad to have that again.

Alloy

My buddy has more than an opinion. He's a FORD tech. One of the one's that other FORD dealers send work to when they can't figure out what's wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle