IM BACK!!! again....

toyrunner95

Explorer
I have not done a whole lot of work to the truck recently. However i did hit a bit of a mile stone...
IMG_20150718_015149_439.jpg

Since I have had the truck for 18 months and went from 13k to 50k I figured I need a daily driver. Of course I cant leave well enough alone so I am starting a new project!

This truck is not done though. I will keep it updated. Its just gonna take some time.

toyrunner95

Explorer
so... someone backed into the passenger side rear wheel area on Wednesday in a parking lot.... He had a hitch on and i tore a GIANT hole in the side wall of my tire and i think knocked the truck out of alignment. Luckily there is no body damage and i think i can get it fixed without a claim, so its going into the shop. I was hoping to get a few camping trips in before the season is over... *sigh* oh well, there is always next year.

toyrunner95

Explorer
So today I finally cashed in some karma chips. When the accident happened I drove to les Schwab and asked them to check out my truck. They told me about the side wall gash and wanted to charge me $450 to put 1 tire on! Are you serious?! They wanted 300 for the tire, and 75 for the tire pressure sensor. Then mount and balance. I called discount right In front of them on speaker and they said, "sure put the spare on and come down here, total out the door $65. And I looked at the les Schwab guy and he looked very heart broken lol. So I went to discount and they got me all hooked up. While it was in there I noticed that the u bolts were kinda funny looking.
IMG_20151012_125234_262-2.jpg
So I drove it back to auburn car repair where I got the lift done and John said sure! I can get you in today. Drove it in the shop and we found this
IMG_20151012_130118_390.jpg
A broken center pin and bent u bolts. An hour later and shy of $200 I'm back on the road at 99%. I still need to have the Trac control reset due to the spare, toyota wants $118 for that. So no... I'm not paying that. So I'm Into the fix $252 which is still a lot cheaper than the $400 les Schwab wanted. Long story short, les Schwab lost a life time customer today due to greed and lies. The tire pressure sensor was 100% undamaged.

toyrunner95

Explorer
Well guys i haven't done much in the ways of mods in a while. everything seems to be working just fine. no problems to speak of. I hopefully will have some new stuff coming soon. i bought another project truck, and if things go the way i hope then that should be a pretty cheap and fun build. i will you posted.

toyrunner95

Explorer
Well the truck is nearly paid off, couple monthes left. Moved into a new house! Got a daughter on the way. And will need to be making some changes to the truck to accomodate the changes in my life. Stay tuned because some MAJOR mods are on the way.

toyrunner95

Explorer
Hey guys! I'm finally moving forward with phase 3 of the tacoma project. So with title in hand, this is the beginning.

Step 1. Remove canopy and tent. IMG_20190217_132241_694.jpg

toyrunner95

Explorer
Well phase 3 was put on a slight hold. But 2.5 will work just as well so heres phase 2.5
I found some interco rims from expedition essentials and bought some new bfg A/Ts then i built myself a bed rack and bought a roof rack523179523180

toyrunner95

Explorer
Well its maiden voyage was a functional success but theres still a long way to go. Went up to bumping lake. Tried to get up to copper city but it was too rough for the wife. 523182523183523184

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater