I'm back in a Jeep, a JKU

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Time fer a 4 inch lift and sum 44 inch mud boggers! :sombrero:
I'll put on 37s if you pay for the gears, lift, wheels, gussets....

What are you running for gears and trans? You've got the 3.8? I can't remember...
I know you've got lots of AEV on there.

Ok, is there another option for twisting off road and still be solid?
The Max Coupler --- http://store.adventuretrailers.com/products/Max-Coupler.html
I have an older version and had one of their prototypes. They work great.
And I'd still use one if: 1) my trailer were lighter 2) my driveway wasn't such a hill.
It's too much work to hook to with my porky trailer. I used the Max just fine with the Conqueror and 2 door Jeep.

Last edited:

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
I opted for the AEV JK 350 conversion package. the motor is the same - 3.6 litre I opted to go with 4.10 and dana 44's. The 35 inch KM2's are great off road and okay on highway. I like the 35's but wouldn't go 37 for the type of trails I do. 35 is best for my needs 99 percent of the time. No troll hunting here. :)

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
If I could really pick, Paul, I'd do 4.10s for 33s, 4.88 for 35s with the 3.6L

Do you have an auto or manual?

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
I'll likely move to 33's when my 35's are gone. It looks a lil funny on a 3.5 inch lift but entirely capable for the trails i'm riding and places I'm exploring.

I got the automatic with selectable shifting. It's my first auto tranny and I'm enjoying it more than I thought with the 3.6 litre Pentastar. I have a B&M tranny cooler in the garage waiting for some mounts. The stock cooler on my 13 is tiny. I was thinking about replacing the stocker but am leaning toward adding the B&M as a secondary instead of a replacement. It got a little warm heading thru green river gorge in the fall.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
This is how it sits now with the adapter thingie.

040_zpsc0eb3645.jpg

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I have the Speaker dongle; it works fine for now.
I can t-tap it on the delivery side of highbeam if I need a trip for driving lights.

I just installed the JWS dongle with my new headlights. On the input side of the dongle, the connection seems fairly weather/moisture resistant (at least as much as stock). The output side is not at all. It's a solid connection, but moisture can certainly get in there. Did you do anything like apply heat shrink tubing? The connector is a pretty awkward shape and I'm not sure what if anything is needed.

NorthGaZJ

I didn't read through your entire thread to see if you've added a tuner. That made a huge difference on my '12. For $200ish a Superchips Flashpaq is cheaper and easier than gears. I'm running 35's with stock gearing and feel like I have more power and better acceleration than stock and I only lost 1mpg. FWIW, I commute from Acworth to Dunwoody every day and still get good mpg's.

sgregg108

Adventurer
what kind of gears did your rig come with, stock? I've got 3.21s and I'm pretty sure I'll need to go to 4.56s when I get my lift /35s installed.

I didn't read through your entire thread to see if you've added a tuner. That made a huge difference on my '12. For $200ish a Superchips Flashpaq is cheaper and easier than gears. I'm running 35's with stock gearing and feel like I have more power and better acceleration than stock and I only lost 1mpg. FWIW, I commute from Acworth to Dunwoody every day and still get good mpg's.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am biting the bullet and getting the diablosport intune for my Unlimited I think. Im afraid of milage loss but I think the extra power will be worth it for such a small drop, as well I drive like a granny most of the time so I don't think I will loose much.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Do you have a manual?
I had a Superchips for my 3.8L autotrans and it helped the 4.56s quite a bit.
But I don't see what it could do for the 3.6L manual, 3.73s, and small 33s...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal