Imperial Outdoors Xplore XR22

ripperj

Explorer
I knew the Roamer would climb up to over 150k.

When they went to the yacht show in Florida I knew it was a build up to bust 150k.

All these campers will likely be awesome, but very, very few people will be able to afford(or willing to spend) that kind of money. Even the people who love debt will be unlikely to have a $2500/mo loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Treefarmer

I prefer an ample quantity of windows for natural light, being able to see outside if the weather is nasty and one has to ride it out inside and, lastly, ventilation. If there's a good breeze and not scorching hot, I have no interest in having to rely on fans and or AC, which suck power.
I guess we all have different opinions about what "ample" is when it comes to windows.?

FordGuy1

Adventurer
All these campers will likely be awesome, but very, very few people will be able to afford(or willing to spend) that kind of money. Even the people who love debt will be unlikely to have a $2500/mo loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They definitely are not cheap. But, 4x4 vans are over 200k all day long. I bought a Kimberley S3 and a brand new F-150 Tremor for the same price I would have paid for a van. So are they really that over priced?

Reactions: TGK
I prefer an ample quantity of windows for natural light, being able to see outside if the weather is nasty and one has to ride it out inside and, lastly, ventilation. If there's a good breeze and not scorching hot, I have no interest in having to rely on fans and or AC, which suck power.

With TGK on this one. Although with no windows you can just camp in your driveway and never know the difference!! I kid. But half of being in these places is soaking up the view for me. All the better if you can do it while you’re inside as well

TGK

They definitely are not cheap. But, 4x4 vans are over 200k all day long. I bought a Kimberley S3 and a brand new F-150 Tremor for the same price I would have paid for a van. So are they really that over priced?
Don't want this to launch off into a discussion about van, but when I see $100 - $150K being asked for just the build out on a new Transit or Mercedes that costs $50 - $70K I'm frankly mystified. In most instances, there's not even a dealer in the middle taking their slice of the markup.

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor

Roamer 1 $155,000
X195 $150,000
X145 $125,000

watch the video to see the inside. I can post pictures as well.

Treefarmer

With TGK on this one. Although with no windows you can just camp in your driveway and never know the difference!! I kid. But half of being in these places is soaking up the view for me. All the better if you can do it while you’re inside as well
I'm not saying no windows or even not enough windows. I'm just saying "enough" is a personal choice. For us, five smaller ones is plenty. We full time in our trailer, so it's a different issue for us and fewer/smaller windows work better. Having fewer windows is better for privacy, for security, for resistance to cold and hot weather, for maintenance , for structural strength, and for longevity of the trailer. As an example, for us, the big Kimberleys have way too many windows. It seems like they replaced both of the entire sides of the trailer with windows. Similar case for In Tech. If you camp 365 days a year, you don't stress much over being able to sit inside your trailer and soak up the views. ?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Anybody catch that post on FB were they try to BS how the dropped the pricing on the new x145 and x195? Hey I am not complaining that they dropped the pricing but just want to point out how ridiculous the original msrp was on these units. It's like they just pulled it out of thier ********!

Treefarmer

Anybody catch that post on FB were they try to BS how the dropped the pricing on the new x145 and x195? Hey I am not complaining that they dropped the pricing but just want to point out how ridiculous the original msrp was on these units. It's like they just pulled it out of thier ********!
Where's the FB post on this? So far they have just played fast and loose with the pricing for all these models with no explanations. That's typically a sign of new product pricing based on what the marketing department thinks the customer will pay rather than what manufacturing and finance have determined the cost and fair mark-up to be.

Man I continue to hear about quality issues with Xplore trailers. I know the mantra of " all trailers have issues. Just fix them yourself and quite whining " issues that are not being fixed when Sent back to IO 's mfg plant. Sure blame it on covid I just hope for the fine folks who have ordered a 110-150k xplore they have figured things out .

Treefarmer

Man I continue to hear about quality issues with Xplore trailers. I know the mantra of " all trailers have issues. Just fix them yourself and quite whining " issues that are not being fixed when Sent back to IO 's mfg plant. Sure blame it on covid I just hope for the fine folks who have ordered a 110-150k xplore they have figured things out .
I think one of the biggest disappointments for purchasers of the $150k+ trailers will be the solar system. They are claiming a very large and complex system can be installed in those trailers. Those systems require very specialized knowledge to spec and install correctly/safely in small spaces. I think a lot of those buyers will be, at best, wondering why the system isn't performing up to par, and at worst, wondering why did it fail completely. I base that opinion on all of the comments I've read online from current X22 owners having issues with their small to mid-sized basic solar systems.

CORVDealers

I think one of the biggest disappointments for purchasers of the $150k+ trailers will be the solar system. They are claiming a very large and complex system can be installed in those trailers. Those systems require very specialized knowledge to spec and install correctly/safely in small spaces. I think a lot of those buyers will be, at best, wondering why the system isn't performing up to par, and at worst, wondering why did it fail completely. I base that opinion on all of the comments I've read online from current X22 owners having issues with their small to mid-sized basic solar systems.

Current X-22 owners may have issues due to it being (2) 190w Soft/Flexible panels while lithium batteries as you all know take a long time to charge, especially when the tent or the A/C blocks sunlight. It was a solar system designed for Lead Acid or AGM batteries, not really Lithium.
The New Xplore 145 and 195 are using hard panels basically covering the entire roof. In testing, the panels have put out a positive charge in mostly sunny/partly cloudy skies while running the A/C with all the lights on. With that being said I think the new customers will be happy with the ability of the new solar system compared to the old ones. The new Xplore is 100% different from the old Xplore. Well, 99% different because they use the same toilet.

Current X-22 owners may have issues due to it being (2) 190w Soft/Flexible panels while lithium batteries as you all know take a long time to charge, especially when the tent or the A/C blocks sunlight. It was a solar system designed for Lead Acid or AGM batteries, not really Lithium.
The New Xplore 145 and 195 are using hard panels basically covering the entire roof. In testing, the panels have put out a positive charge in mostly sunny/partly cloudy skies while running the A/C with all the lights on. With that being said I think the new customers will be happy with the ability of the new solar system compared to the old ones. The new Xplore is 100% different from the old Xplore. Well, 99% different because they use the same toilet.

Maybe better then the horrible system in the X22. If the prototype 145 shows what the production units are going to be built like then IO still lacks knowledge on solor lithium systems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven