InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

java

Expedition Leader
Nice! Paul Jenson used a lot lot of cork on the last sprinter he did. It's posted in here. Looked great.

java

Expedition Leader
Thanks.....that is so much more efficient than searching:coffeedrink:

I've rear part of that thread but probably worth reading again!:sombrero:

Definitely worth reading. In fact all Pauls sprinter builds are....

Riptide

Explorer
Cole, one thing to consider with the kid seat thing is the height of the seat. We have a Westfalia Sprinter, which is pretty much the only Sprinter camper conversion with a bench seat behind the two front seats, which I wanted so that we could put our daughter's car seat in it. One thing that works pretty well is that after her car seat is mounted on the bench seat, her height gives her a nice view out either side window. And since it's mounted in the center of the bench, she has a nice view out the front, which goes a long way in warding off car sickness...

Another nice thing with our Westy is that all the windows have blinds. With your Eurovan, you probably already know this, but long drives with kids means they will invariably sleep, and being able to darken the cabin a bit for them gives them a bit of a better nap, which means a happier kid when they wake.

One last thing: leave some room in front of her seat for something to act as a foot rest. As they get older, the constant dangling legs got a little old for our daughter. Providing a foot rest relieved that weight, and gave her a nice surface to read, or put stuff in her lap. We use a folding step stool that actually gets used outside the camper once we set up, to get in and out of the slider.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Cole, one thing to consider with the kid seat thing is the height of the seat. We have a Westfalia Sprinter, which is pretty much the only Sprinter camper conversion with a bench seat behind the two front seats, which I wanted so that we could put our daughter's car seat in it. One thing that works pretty well is that after her car seat is mounted on the bench seat, her height gives her a nice view out either side window. And since it's mounted in the center of the bench, she has a nice view out the front, which goes a long way in warding off car sickness...

Another nice thing with our Westy is that all the windows have blinds. With your Eurovan, you probably already know this, but long drives with kids means they will invariably sleep, and being able to darken the cabin a bit for them gives them a bit of a better nap, which means a happier kid when they wake.

One last thing: leave some room in front of her seat for something to act as a foot rest. As they get older, the constant dangling legs got a little old for our daughter. Providing a foot rest relieved that weight, and gave her a nice surface to read, or put stuff in her lap. We use a folding step stool that actually gets used outside the camper once we set up, to get in and out of the slider.

The seat height for a good view was a major consideration. Part of the reason I porter to put a seat beteen the mount and the carseat!

I will end up having the side windows tinted like I did in the Eurovan and adding curtains to them to help keep the sun out of her eyes!

Thanks for the tip on the foot rest! :sombrero:. I'd bet I can make an adjustable one in the future since the seat has a metal frame that would be easy to add some stuff to later!

Cole

Expedition Leader
This morning I ordered a HVAC control repair, need to go ship it off.! And a proper Mercedes grill for the Sprinter!

After looking at all the pictures on Paul Jensen's thread and website I was convinced the Sprinter looks more natural the way it was originally designed and not with the afterthought of a Dodge grill!

With the black wheels I'm prepping and some other darkening of the Sprinter I have planned the black Mercedes grill will look much better than the blingy chrome Dodge grill.

11931193136_90d29229a0_o_d.jpg

Last edited:

DaveNay

Adventurer
This morning I ordered a HVAC control repair, need to go ship it off.! And a proper Mercedes grill for the Sprinter!

After looking at all the pictures on Paul Jensen's thread and website I was convinced the Sprinter looks more natural the way it was originally designed and not with the afterthought of a Dodge grill!

With the black wheels I'm prepping and some other darkening of the Sprinter I have planned the black Mercedes grill will look much better than the blingy chrome Dodge grill.

11931193136_90d29229a0_o_d.jpg

Isn't that a different hood too?

Cole

Expedition Leader
No wonder it looks like crap upon closer inspection

Yeah, it's kinda unfortunate. The Dodge, and to be fair Freightliner, grills really do look like a really bad afterthought!

I honestly wish I could get the Mercedes grill to look right without the Mercedes logo. Don't care about the "Mercedes" part of it!

draaronr

Adventurer
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I got cork at lumbar liquidators and installed it in my vw bus. Works great with kids and going to the beach. Put dynamat under it before I installed. Seats are custom maple. I have 600 total in the floors and the wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven