InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Jb1rd

Explorer
Birds of a feather, I am an Aggie too!! Best 10 years of my life :victory:
Um......did I mention that I've got a slight German car problem? :coffeedrink: Especially with P cars. They are like potato chips.....can't have just one!

Kinda an old picture. But this is my 951! I built it many years ago!

5500093301_1492d25098_b_d.jpg

7655992098_dc82f64a15_b_d.jpg

And my dream car...my "Espresso Braun Metallic" 928S4 one of one for 1987. Drive them both daily and took the 928 today!

7811537822_e8cd333885_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
Is the gray car on the left an Audi Avant by chance? All Road?

No, oddly, it's not. Because sitting to the right out of the camera was my wife's Audi S6 Avant.(we'll just call the "grey car " the "tow rig" and leave it at that :coffeedrink:)

13570353193_6ef84d28a4_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered 32' of LED strips!!

Tonight was just a quick test fit of the strip inside the 80/20!

I can cut this stuff every 3" and solder in wires. So I'll be dividing it up for various places in the van. Slides right into the 80/20

15296288330_8abe83772d_b_d.jpg

love the led lights ..i planned to do the same in my 63 gmc panel but with red and white led on 2 switches

bunks-tj

Observer
re: post # 447

hows the bench, I can see it in the LED photo. curious to know how much of a pain it was to get it in.

Cole

Expedition Leader
re: post # 447

hows the bench, I can see it in the LED photo. curious to know how much of a pain it was to get it in.

It lifts in and out very easy. I don't have it installed yet. Its really just sitting there right now while I figure a few things out.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Totally on a side note, is that a 10th Mountain license plate?

when were you at drum?

The modern 10th mountain division at Drum started in the 1985. While based on the original and very important, they are a different story.

The 10th Mountian "Ski Troopers" plates in Colorado refer to the original 1940s 10th Mountian Division that trained at Camp Hale in Colorado. They trained for high altitude mountainous combat and were key in taking Riva Ridge and other important mountian battles in Italy which ultimately led to the end of WWII.

When they returned many of the original 14,000 10th Mountian came back to Colorado and are reaponsible for our ski industry. Some went to other states and kick started their ski industry, but it was especially important in Colorado where they had originally trained. We owe ourski industry and hut system to the 10th Mountian.

Many here have are decendents or friends of the original 10th. Even for those that aren't the 10th is very important to Colorado's history, especially if your are a skier or use the hut system.

Many of the "Hard core" skiers here, like myself, know exactly who is responsible for our ski areas and therefore know the original story and wear the 10th Mountian plates as a tribute and sign of respect. I have them on all 5 of my current cars for this reason and have since they were introduced in 1998.

There is a bill now I think to make the fees for the 10th Mountian plates also go to charity at the 10th Mountian Foundation.

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
Very cool
Did you source the seat bases on eBay or through a dealer somewhere?

For those interested, I picked up a Eurovan I'm going to use as parts for another project. It has the factory 12v cooler, seat and base in it like I used in my van. These are fairly hard to come by. But I'd give it up for $200+ shipping if someone wants one.

Here is a picture of it in the Eurovan.

15514431036_4104177521_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven