InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Cole

Expedition Leader
15401423739_8cb5c769f8_b_d.jpg

15401923578_5cfbd7d995_b_d.jpg

phil m

stumbled upon your EV and sprinter posts recently and we seem to have similar interest and visions! i have build various travel and expedition vehicles in the past and really like your approaches!

if you ever need help with parts from germany and translations .-) let me know!

Cole

Expedition Leader
So awhile back I made this video below on how to remove the shift knob in a T1N because some people were cutting off their shift knobs:crazy:

http://youtu.be/NQUOpgaVRdI?list=UUQOGpfQTRzwFlREr4pPa0JQ

I noticed that other Mercedes vehicles had a similar looking shift knob. I've always thought they would swap over but wasn't sure until today.

I was at out local "U Pull-N-Pay" junkyard and spotted a mid 2000s Mercedes *something* (sedan...all the badges were missing and it was crashed)

Eight seconds later I had a Shift knob for $5

This one was just to test the theory since it wasn't a perfect match. But it's leather and fits just like stock!! Feels MUCH nicer than the plastic one.

This opens up a bunch of opportunity for shift knob upgrades for the T1N. I may just strip and dye this one and give it a new life!!

15877435142_1453f9841d_b.jpg

15692098719_7149525af6_b.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Fun project. Had a friend that flew to NY from SF to get a bright yellow Lotus Elise with 15,000 miles on it. Grandpas toy he decided his hip and knees were not up to the task of crawling into and out of it. Friend drove it back to SF with his dad sort of one of those epic cannonball run adventures with dad. I recall he said at one point he woke up in the passenger seat with his dad driving some place across Arizona at 3am and his dad comments that the little car was much faster than he had expected at which point he noticed dad had the car pegged at 140mph! He wasn't too happy with dad told him to keep the track speeds for the track days! HA HA

Cole

Expedition Leader
Fun project. Had a friend that flew to NY from SF to get a bright yellow Lotus Elise with 15,000 miles on it. Grandpas toy he decided his hip and knees were not up to the task of crawling into and out of it. Friend drove it back to SF with his dad sort of one of those epic cannonball run adventures with dad. I recall he said at one point he woke up in the passenger seat with his dad driving some place across Arizona at 3am and his dad comments that the little car was much faster than he had expected at which point he noticed dad had the car pegged at 140mph! He wasn't too happy with dad told him to keep the track speeds for the track days! HA HA

I've bought a few of my faster toys from across the country too. They all seem to get fully tested on the way home. :imagesCADZQMBJ:

One way or the other you either cross, Texas, Nebraska, Kansas or Nevada

Cole

Expedition Leader
I had to run back to the pull-n-save so took some time to look around and found the emblem in one of the other cars. A 1998 ML320. The car I pulled this from also turned out to be a 1998.

I dyed it black because I already had the dye. Then installed the emblem.

15853807406_d564f8310c_b.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
wish all shift knobs were that easy to get off

Totally!

The funny thing is there was a whole thread on the Sprinter forum about how to cut these off because they thought they "were designed not to be removed" :coffeedrink:

I was like ...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....(In slow motion with lots of in and out camera work for a dramatic effect:victory:)......filmed the video hoping to prevent anyone else from tanking a hacksaw or Dremel to their shift knob as the thread was advising!!! Think it's been deleted now.

just wondering with all the extra empty switches does the factory harness have emoty plugs ,and what is the square next box next to the switches far right above the 12v plug

Cole

Expedition Leader
just wondering with all the extra empty switches does the factory harness have emoty plugs ,and what is the square next box next to the switches far right above the 12v plug

I don't have any empty plugs under my dash. Just the ones for the factory switches.

The black square thing is a factory not pad clip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven