Intro and converted HDJ80

Gifu

Observer
Sorry these are all out of order... i'm just happy I figured out how to imbed images.
This is the 4BT80. That's a Cummins 4BT 80, using a 6BT intake/exhaust manifold cut-down, 6BT-turbo (H1C with 56MM inducer), NV4500, Orion, aftermarket intercooler. Oil pan chopped to allow minimal lift.
4BT80.jpg

4BT80_2.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
:Wow1: :Wow1: :Wow1:

Will you be my father???? I know it would be awkward at first... but I think, in time, I could come to be totaly happpy with all of the FREAKING AWESOME TRUCKS YOU HAVE HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And because I was your son, I'd get to drive them see...

Ok, got that off my chest. But seriously man, those are ALL pretty much dream trucks of mine, well except I'd put in Mopar V8's cause I'm like that. If I build just ONE thing even close to one of those (I'm REALLY considering a 60/4BT or some tother small Diesel swap??) I'll die happy but hopefully not too soon eh ;). Great trucks, great trucks great trucks. All of them are just amazing, but I think that the FJ46 (being REAL partial to the 43 and 44 (I belive) ) is my fav. It looks like it was a blast to drive. But then I'm finding myself day dreaming of what it must be like to have a 4bt in an 80.

Question...
Did you have any issues with cutting down the oil pan on the 4BT-80??? As in were there any detrimental effects with the lowered capacity? Or did you keep the total volume the same and "chop" it around
the axle??? I've got a family Diesel Guru (Uncle who lives in Homer AK and buiilds/repairs Diesel motors and the ships/trucks they are in) who could build any of Cummins motors in his sleep im told so I'm really interested in moding one enough to fit it into a 60 without having it lifted 10" to clear the pan.

Thanks for posting man! :wings:

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
How have I missed this thread...Beautiful. Why didn't you put the ARB back on it?

:26_7_2:

Dave

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I really like the new color!

I don't know if you saw my original question. Was the HDJ80 hard to register in CA? TIA.

CharlieV

Adventurer
Gifu,

I'm in the process of putting a 4BT in my scrambler (4BT-NV4500-Dana 300). Any advice on where to get a custom air to air (intercooler) made? The intercooler from the the donor vehicle, a 94 Oshkosh bread truck, is too wide so I am looking for one that will fit in front of the stock CJ radiator. In one of your photos it looks like your intercooler is a custom setup.

Thanks-Charlie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat