Isuzu diesel Disco

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I'm not sure if anyone saw this. Interesting.. I have installed a 4BD1T in a FJ62 before and with a larger turbo it is just awesome...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land...23aQQitemZ230375662138QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSHmrlNNbvw

Someone from my forum www.4BTswaps.com called the shop and they reported it gets 26 mpg regularly. The Isuzu 4BD1T and 2Ts are very nice TDi modern mechanical diesels with a nice chug to them, not too loud at all. 3.9 liters (so large) and hence why I think this Disco has the lift it does...

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Better photos:
http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/1178/photos/280433#00.jpg

06.jpg

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
Michaels has driven it and I saw it on the sale lot a long time ago. The guy that did the swap dropped a lot of coin into it.

muskyman

Explorer
Doug documented the build on discoweb as he built it...still cant believe he sold it after getting it all done?

very cool build for sure.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Wow, I thought maybe that was his! Why did he sell it? That's crazy.

I see that a lot with cars, and I never understand it. People put countless time and money into a "project" and then sell it when it's done.

From what I saw on Dweb, it's a top notch build. If I were in the market, I'd be all over that. I'm surprised they don't show the engine bay in the ad, it's a work of beauty.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
It is pretty neat.

I would caution though with conversions and especially on ebay, test drive the car first, inspect the conversion, etc, with someone who knows what they are doing. Even from the best mechanics there can always be errors, motor mount mistakes etc, no matter what the reputation of the shop unfortunately. Not saying there was anything wrong with this but food for thought...

muskyman

Explorer
It is pretty neat.

I would caution though with conversions and especially on ebay, test drive the car first, inspect the conversion, etc, with someone who knows what they are doing. Even from the best mechanics there can always be errors, motor mount mistakes etc, no matter what the reputation of the shop unfortunately. Not saying there was anything wrong with this but food for thought...

yes I agree.

in this truck's case it was performed by a very anal boat mechanic that repowers boats on a regular basis and he was pretty over the top on everything.

the nv3500 was mated to the LT230 using a custom shaft from Novak conversions and all the little details were taken into consideration.

Had I the extra disposable cash at the time I would have jumped on it without fear at all.

He did a great job on this conversion.

michaels

Explorer
It is pretty neat.

that truck is sweet. i've driven it and everything checked out fine. they have driven it to south carolina and back from alabama with no problems. i've driven it in the city and on the interstate. it's pretty sweet. the engine bay is clean and EVERYTHING works as it did before the swap electronics wise. the ebst part is if you buy it you can simple talk to doug and he'll chat with you all day long about everything he did. i'm sure he has wiring diagrams of everything he changed as well. i'd love to trade my truck for it.

michaels

Explorer
I think I just ready a post of Dougs' on D-90 this evening saying he had Rover envy again. lol

~Blake

he planned on buying another rover the whole time. i went to look at an RRC for him right about the time he sold the Disco. he didn't end up buying it though.

Burton

If I recall, Doug really wanted a Defender replacement, but also looking at RRCs. He did an amazing job putting it together, and I'm surprised that RedMountainRovers didn't sell it from their lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven