Isuzu NPR 4x4 Beast! - Rebelzilla by Rebel Off Road

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
So pretty much this is a NPR gutted except for the body, frame and a few do-dads from the stock vehicle then mated with everything else? Dont get me wrong, cool stuff and I want but like Czechsix said I prefer to have the majority of my systems repairable and available at worldwide dealerships.

Isn't the engine and transmission stock (at least for now)? The Isuzu's are sold with the GM v8 gassers with the six speed as an option.

Sure - warranty is an issue but the trade off is serviceability of more common parts. I've seen lots of people take new vehicles and make similar changes - adding lockers, changing axles, changing suspension, different rims. Also what is a warranty worth when you are traveling in a foreign country where the rig isn't supported?

Glad to see someone going this direction.

david506th

Adventurer
Isn't the engine and transmission stock (at least for now)? The Isuzu's are sold with the GM v8 gassers with the six speed as an option.

Sure - warranty is an issue but the trade off is serviceability of more common parts. I've seen lots of people take new vehicles and make similar changes - adding lockers, changing axles, changing suspension, different rims. Also what is a warranty worth when you are traveling in a foreign country where the rig isn't supported?

Glad to see someone going this direction.

You are correct, I didnt realize the NPR was using a GM engine.

DzlToy

Explorer
Bump for updates

Have you done any off road testing or suspension tuning yet? A previous post mentioned a nice ride, just curious if you guys were tuning in house or if King was assisting, since there are no off the shelf applications for King shocks for an NPR :D

How is the power with the larger tires? Any clearance or rubbing issues with the 40's?

I see a Dakar theme on the site; is this being built as a chase truck?

What booth will it be in at SEMA this year? :D

CYRUS888

Observer
Awsome build!!!
Always wanted to build a COE offroad rig rather than using a cookie cutter fuso platform.
Will be follow this build for sure!!!

LukeH

Adventurer
Gorgeous!
Just checked the Rebel website and can't seem to find it anywhere.
Shame really.
All the comments about serviceability? As long as parts aren't custom a toned down version of this is perfectly serviceable. When you buy a converted vehicle the parts list comes with it. For axles you go to Ford or Dana, Transfer box Ford etc. etc.
I say this because I'm about to start doing just that in England, on a much much more modest basis ensuring all parts are commercially and easily available.
Nobody wants a truck than can only be fixed in one place in the world.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Gorgeous!
Just checked the Rebel website and can't seem to find it anywhere.
Shame really.
All the comments about serviceability? As long as parts aren't custom a toned down version of this is perfectly serviceable. When you buy a converted vehicle the parts list comes with it. For axles you go to Ford or Dana, Transfer box Ford etc. etc.
I say this because I'm about to start doing just that in England, on a much much more modest basis ensuring all parts are commercially and easily available.
Nobody wants a truck than can only be fixed in one place in the world.

Weird, it used to be here; http://about.rebeloffroad.com/other-unique-builds/
Now it's gone--dunno know why. I'll ping Taylor@Rebel again.....

REBEL OFF ROAD

Supporting Sponsor
Updated pictures are incoming. Just an FYI. We had to keep it under wraps for a little while as we progressed further with the build. Shes all painted and getting her decals applied as I type this. We'll start posting images in a chronological order starting from where we left off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven