Jackson Rally Suba Wheeler

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Scored a winch from Amazon, it was labeled used with packaging damage. For $75 less than they normally go for i took a chance. Turns out it is brand new, just a busted box! Score!

This might bring the front end down

20130326_114836_zpsfe7911ff.jpg

Jrally

Adventurer
Make it a hitch mounted unit, add a box receiver into the bumpers front and back and carry it in the back of the wagon most of the time. I built a hitch mount winch set-up years ago, 2006, to work heavy sweep. The thing is still sitting on my garage floor, the only use it ever got was spooling out 15 feet or so and watching it power it back, dragging me.

-Jon

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Make it a hitch mounted unit, add a box receiver into the bumpers front and back and carry it in the back of the wagon most of the time. I built a hitch mount winch set-up years ago, 2006, to work heavy sweep. The thing is still sitting on my garage floor, the only use it ever got was spooling out 15 feet or so and watching it power it back, dragging me.

-Jon

This thing is massive for the vehicle, I think it would take up too much room inside. Hoping to build a bumper before HDT. Are you going to be out there this year?

JacksonRally

Adventurer

-Jon

This thing is massive for the vehicle, I think it would take up too much room inside. Hoping to build a bumper before HDT. Are you going to be out there this year?

Jrally

Adventurer
Yes, I'm suppose to be doing Course Closing in the Celica again. I changed out all the brake pads this weekend, along with one calipers that decided it needed to start leaking after being compressed to accomodate the thick pads. Damn, I hate working on drums. They work just fine and keep a lot of crap out, but such a pain.

-Jon

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Alright, we'll see you out there! Im bringing the GL and Keith is bringing the Forester. I will also be servicing for this car I am finishing up right now. And the wife is co-driving for Chuck.

Jrally

Adventurer
Sounds good. I'm guessing Chuck will be begg'n her to co-drive often, since I sold my rally car to his last co-driver.

-Jon

Laxaholic

Adventurer
I just bought an 06 Subaru Impreza wagon with 5spd.

Can you tell me more about Subarus like mine? What kind of abuse can they handle? What can they really do "offroad." I have had some big, sideways fun on some south Georgia dirt roads, but the inner walls of the rims always seem to get full of sand and make the car vibrate and be off balanace. Is there any way to stop this? (car is fine once you wash out the sand)

Any simple/easy mods that you'd do if you were me? Stuff to watch out for..etc. Have any pictures of your 06 wagon?

Anything you can tell me would be awesome, thanks.

Last edited:

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Here are some shots of my 06.
So cal desert
CC0901.jpg

Middle of Utah

IMG_1789.jpg

Local trails

PICT0584.jpg

Local Rallycross

gh1091.jpg

Yeah they are tough. Make sure you get a skid plate asap. Check the oil at least every 500 miles. You can fit 15" wheels no problem, get gravel tires. As far as dirt I'm the wheels we make wheel scrapers for the rally car to scrape the crud out. Requires some custom work though. Another good upgrade is 04 STI struts (that's what i run). And maybe a 1" lift (also what i have). And enjoy!

JacksonRally

Adventurer
I got around to doing some suspension upgrades. I will post that stuff later, right now i just wanted to share a photo. Natures rti ramp right in my front yard.

20130426_113850_zps960748b1.jpg

Big improvement over the old setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad