James Baroud RTT's In Action!

concretejungle

Adventurer
I had a chance to see the XXL grand raid (think that's the name; it's the largest one they offer) out on a week long trip. Great tent with all the expected features of james baroud. I liked everything about it.... except... where they put the storage compartment on the roof for a tire or whatever you want to strap up there, that reflects in a dip in the interior head room. I did not like that.

Otherwise, the joke on the trip was that he basically had a hotel room on his roof.

Runt

Adventurer
Yes that is the kit rolled up, below is the kit installed.

isothermic_zpsovnbovps.jpg

Is this Isothermic kit available on the Space RTT?

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
Yes we now have Isothermic kits available for all James Baroud model tents.

Sorry if this was already covered and I missed it...but do the isothermic kits need to be removed before closing the tent, or can they stay installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Sorry if this was already covered and I missed it...but do the isothermic kits need to be removed before closing the tent, or can they stay installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can remain installed when the tent is open and closed.

Dozer Dan

Observer
I have finally got my JB delivered after some 23 weeks of waiting. It's an Evasion evolution. I just popped it up quickly last night to have a look.
2 things were not immediately obvious to me.
1) How do you close the bottom of the door properly? The velcro bit? Or do you have to do it from the outside?
2) I found it a bit difficult to close, the fabric was very stiff in the cold. I found that I couldn't leave the bottom of the doors in place but I had to poke all 3 into the tent. Do you have to do this or is there a trick? I'd be concerned about getting the tent wet in the rain otherwise.

concretejungle

Adventurer
they are very air tight if completely zipped up. So one thing is to unzip the doors about halfway. That helps a lot. But yes, my JB is extremely hard to close. I thought the newer ones have less stiff struts.

Dozer Dan

Observer
Another question. It says on the instructions that came with to push out the 'elbow' bit on the arms. Do you just give it a bit of a nudge to help the struts or do they actually lock into place? I didn't dare to push too hard..

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Another question. It says on the instructions that came with to push out the 'elbow' bit on the arms. Do you just give it a bit of a nudge to help the struts or do they actually lock into place? I didn't dare to push too hard..

Did your tent not include the instruction sheet? If not pm me and I will send you the PDF including the instructions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal