Jeep Africa, Will it Come to be?

NFRs2000NYC

Adventurer
Nice straw man. Did I say it could? Go back and read what I said how about. :). I said there is no place a sfa will go off-road that an ifs won't go.

Ridiculous statement is ridiculous. Factory SFA will indeed go where factory IFS will not. When talking about full out hammer builds, yes you are correct, you CAN make IFS as capable as an SFA.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Ridiculous statement is ridiculous. Factory SFA will indeed go where factory IFS will not. When talking about full out hammer builds, yes you are correct, you CAN make IFS as capable as an SFA.

A stock rubicon wrangler will not out wheel a stock fj cruiser. It's not going to happen. Name a trail and I guarantee an fj has been there. Rubicon trail? Yep. Moab? Yep. Cruise around Africa or Australia? Yep.
But I'm not going to derail this thread anymore.

Last edited:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I doubt Jeep will build exactly the Africa Concept into production, but I hope they take some of the reaction into consideration for the next Wrangler.

Obviously the diesel engine has been talked to death.

The longer cargo area seemed to be well received, as did the solid higher roof.

If we're lucky, the new Wrangler might have one of more of those things.

-Dan

dwvninety

Observer
A stock rubicon wrangler will not out wheel a stock fj cruiser. It's not going to happen. Name a trail and I guarantee an fj has been there. Rubicon trail? Yep. Moab? Yep. Cruise around Africa or Australia? Yep.
But I'm not going to derail this thread anymore.

FJ on Fordyce

Mud Dawg

Observer
hilarious, the web wheeler is strong with this one.
thats where you know you have lost, start in with personal attacks :-D

Nothing personal. I would have said the same thing to anyone that equated a truck with IFS and an open front diff to a truck with a solid front axle containing a fully locking diff...

Mud Dawg

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Nothing personal. I would have said the same thing to anyone that equated a truck with IFS and an open front diff to a truck with a solid front axle containing a fully locking diff...

Mud Dawg

Fjs have a locker. I love how jeep fan boys think keeps are special because they have lockers. Jeep is the last company to offer lockers. Maybe if you actually ventured out in the trail you would see other vehicles than jeeps out there. And gasp, trucks with ifs out there.

Mud Dawg

Observer
Fjs have a locker. I love how jeep fan boys think keeps are special because they have lockers. Jeep is the last company to offer lockers. Maybe if you actually ventured out in the trail you would see other vehicles than jeeps out there. And gasp, trucks with ifs out there.

They do have one locker...in the rear. Have you ever wheeled a fully locked rig? Do you even know what a locker does? I seriously doubt it, given your comments. Anyhoo...

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
They do have one locker...in the rear. Have you ever wheeled a fully locked rig? Do you even know what a locker does? I seriously doubt it, given your comments. Anyhoo...

Anywhoo Yep I have a unimog and had a locked ram charger. Toyota has had lockers front and rear since the late 70s, Mercedes has had lockers front and rear since the 40s. Jeep is just late to the party.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Please show me a stock FJ Cruiser with a locking front differential.

You guys love straw man arguments don't you? Show me where I ever made that claim. I'd be interested in seeing a quote where I said that. What was the discussion about? Wasn't it about sfa and ifs? But you're trying hard to keep your jeep up on the pedestal that you have placed it on. Once again I'll reiterate what was being respectfully talked about until you started in with your childish responses. Is reading comprehension difficult for you? I said there is not trail a sfa truck will go that an ifs truck wouldn't go. Then you started throwing a tantrum and crying about lockers and what not.

Mud Dawg

Observer
I'm just being logical. Dealing with the facts and reality.

You said:

A stock rubicon wrangler will not out wheel a stock fj cruiser.

...which is completely false. Its not a matter of opinion. Everyone on this board knows it.

There seems to be only one fanboi here...

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
I'm just being logical. Dealing with the facts and reality.

You said:

...which is completely false. Its not a matter of opinion. Everyone on this board knows it.

There seems to be only one fanboi here...

Once again, name a trail a rubicon will go an fj won't. You're not being logical :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman