JEEPFALIA LOOKING FOR ITS NEW FOREVER HOME!! $price drop to; $49900 CDN.145k km

Maloppa

Observer
I'm trying to learn as much as I can about these Ursa Tops and build style. In the last couple of months, 2 very comparable Jeep / top setups have sold for less than $30k. What is significant about this unit that has it at 67K? I assume it is a Canadian Jeep due to the km set up on speedo. Thanks for the info.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
I'm trying to learn as much as I can about these Ursa Tops and build style. In the last couple of months, 2 very comparable Jeep / top setups have sold for less than $30k. What is significant about this unit that has it at 67K? I assume it is a Canadian Jeep due to the km set up on speedo. Thanks for the info.

Show me where 2 jeeps on here have sold for $30k built like this… cause I’d be bummed I didn’t see an amazing flip opportunity.

This a 50k US dollar rig all day long… a stock 2013 books for $28-30k they are asking $67k Canadian which puts it priced just over $50k & some change.

All the extras & Ursa Minor top make up the difference. Plus I know when it was all said & done my ursa top came in at $16k. This is honestly a fair priced vehicle.

Especially when you consider the wait time at Ursa, the fact that the used market is high & you couldn’t build a stock 2013 to replicate this for $30k let alone 50k. It’s a fair deal, take it… said in my best Brad Pit pikie voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sabjku

Observer
There was one that I recall being posted here, and maybe on the UM FB group(just too lazy to look right now), and it was priced at 26k. However, that vehicle was nowhere NEAR Jeepfalia's build/quality. If you're buying a JKU with an UM setup for under 30k it's a very worn vehicle and top, to put it politely.

Duredel

I bought the one that was listed at $26k for the listed price (https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...th-ursa-minor-top-26-000.235803/#post-3080211).

It has 40k more miles, but it is a Rubicon and very well cared for. All it was missing compared to this is the AEV lift, wheels, tires, winch, and awning- it has the genesis dual battery and titan tank. For $4-5k I could have pretty much the same setup as this, and mine has lockers and a 4:1 transfer case. A locker install in Jeepfalia would probably run close to 4k. Mine also has the long ranger fuel tank ($2k). This is wildly overpriced considering that the one I got sat on here unsold for 4 months. I've watched the used Ursa Minor market pretty closely for the last 6 months or so, and I'd be very surprised if this goes for much more than $30k USD.

Mike B

There was one that I recall being posted here, and maybe on the UM FB group(just too lazy to look right now), and it was priced at 26k. However, that vehicle was nowhere NEAR Jeepfalia's build/quality. If you're buying a JKU with an UM setup for under 30k it's a very worn vehicle and top, to put it politely.
Not a compatible Jeep, and my price is in Canadian dollars, so do the exchange.

Mike B

I bought the one that was listed at $26k for the listed price (https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...th-ursa-minor-top-26-000.235803/#post-3080211).

It has 40k more miles, but it is a Rubicon and very well cared for. All it was missing compared to this is the AEV lift, wheels, tires, winch, and awning- it has the genesis dual battery and titan tank. For $4-5k I could have pretty much the same setup as this, and mine has lockers and a 4:1 transfer case. A locker install in Jeepfalia would probably run close to 4k. Mine also has the long ranger fuel tank ($2k). This is wildly overpriced considering that the one I got sat on here unsold for 4 months. I've watched the used Ursa Minor market pretty closely for the last 6 months or so, and I'd be very surprised if this goes for much more than $30k USD.
Not a comparable Jeep, but congrats on new rig ?

Reactions: MSD

Mike B

Yes price is in Canadian currency

Mike B

Show me where 2 jeeps on here have sold for $30k built like this… cause I’d be bummed I didn’t see an amazing flip opportunity.

This a 50k US dollar rig all day long… a stock 2013 books for $28-30k they are asking $67k Canadian which puts it priced just over $50k & some change.

All the extras & Ursa Minor top make up the difference. Plus I know when it was all said & done my ursa top came in at $16k. This is honestly a fair priced vehicle.

Especially when you consider the wait time at Ursa, the fact that the used market is high & you couldn’t build a stock 2013 to replicate this for $30k let alone 50k. It’s a fair deal, take it… said in my best Brad Pit pikie voice.

Thanks final someone actually doing the math, much appreciated ?

I agree with you this price is on the high side, unfortunately money spent doesn't ever equal getting that investment back.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
I agree with you this price is on the high side, unfortunately money spent doesn't ever equal getting that investment back.

Money spent means quality parts, this Jeep has quality through & through… in a used overland market this does hold value.

I’ve worked & sold overland vehicles for a living… this is a perfect example of a nice thought out build with quality parts for a reasonable price. He’s not getting his investment back as it cost way more than $50k to build.

Personally I’d wait till March to sell as that’s when more people will be in the market.

OP don’t let the few who think they can buy a Jeep like this for what a stock Jeep price get you down… newbie’s are newbie’s they can keep dreaming or buy old worn out stuff & think they got a great deal.

Duredel

This Jeep is only a year newer than mine, with mostly the same parts, plus mine is a Rubicon. Is a 2012 vs 2013 and 40k miles the difference between worn out or not?

Get back to me when this sells for anywhere close to the asking price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl

Members online