JK/J8 Flippac rumor??

kb7our

Explorer
Very interested to hear how the prototype Habitat (J8?) faired in the inclimate weather AZ has been having. Lots of rain/snow - did the non-rainfly style roof canvas hold up well? Any leaks or other issues? Of course, this is presuming the unit was outside in the muck.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
You can see our current schedule of events for 2011 either on the contact page of our website, or on our Facebook page under the "Events" tab.

We will have a JK Habitat at all of these events.

The list of events is not complete yet, but as you can see its a very full calendar.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Very interested to hear how the prototype Habitat (J8?) faired in the inclimate weather AZ has been having. Lots of rain/snow - did the non-rainfly style roof canvas hold up well? Any leaks or other issues? Of course, this is presuming the unit was outside in the muck.

The first days of heavy rain and we had it out and deployed in the lot all day. Fabric shed water as we had hoped and had no capillary action on the inside when we rubbed the fabric aggressively. The new skirt shed water as we had hoped. We put it away in the shop overnight, the fabric was completely dry by morning. All in all, a very good first test in inclement weather.

The first days of heavy rain and we had it out and deployed in the lot all day. Fabric shed water as we had hoped and had no capillary action on the inside when we rubbed the fabric aggressively. The new skirt shed water as we had hoped. We put it away in the shop overnight, the fabric was completely dry by morning. All in all, a very good first test in inclement weather.

Submit one here in the PNW for some real rain testing! No charge! Keep up the good work!!

elcoyote

I just read through all 51 pages of this thread. The M&M team have done an excellent job bringing to market a very cool option for JK Unlimited owners.

As an owner of an LJ, I hope to see something similar adapted to these earlier Unlimited models. As to production, the Wrangler LJ was produced for three years (2003-2006). The LJ Rubicon was only produced in 2005 and 2006. There are production numbers available for market analysis. This data is taken from the Jeepforum.com, and are believed to be accurate, DC sourced numbers.

Production sold for the 04-06 LJ (by years)
2004 - 11,822 Unlimited
2005 - 7,450 Unlimited
2005 - 5,854 Unlimited Rubicon
2006 - 14,624 Unlimited
2006 - 6,742 Unlimited Rubicon

Totals:
33,896 - Unlimited
12,596 - Unlimited Rubicon
46,492 – Total

I hope this helps Martin and Mario with their decision making process with respect to building an LJ compatible Habitat.

Thanks for the numbers, they correlate what I have found. At an optimistic purchase ratio of 3/10th of 1% for the universe of 46,492, the potential buyers only represent about 140 units... hmmm

This discussion would be best moved to its own thread to continue the dialog

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Thanks for the numbers, they correlate what I have found. At an optimistic purchase ratio of 3/10th of 1% for the universe of 46,492, the potential buyers only represent about 140 units... hmmm

You're welcome, Mario. Since I poked the beast, I guess I will start a new thread in this sub-forum to talk this out.

Thanks.

kb7our

Explorer

Bravo! Time permitting (I know, there really is never enough time), would love to see pics of the production differences when a "production" Habitat is far enough along.

elcoyote

We had a delay getting our parts from the forge so the torsion springs and the heat treated hinges are still pending. Some molded parts have been produced for the shells and are waiting for the forged parts to make them complete. We simply do not have enough room to make all the molded parts and store them while we wait. We are expecting the forge to come through in the next week or two. we are very, very close. I am excited!

BPage

Adventurer

Let me know what the new thread is, cause I have been requesting an LJ version since the concept first came out and they were accepting pre-orders.

:sombrero:

kb7our

Explorer
We had a delay getting our parts from the forge so the torsion springs and the heat treated hinges are still pending. Some molded parts have been produced for the shells and are waiting for the forged parts to make them complete. We simply do not have enough room to make all the molded parts and store them while we wait. We are expecting the forge to come through in the next week or two. we are very, very close. I am excited!

Thanks Mario. Exciting indeed!

You mean you guys aren't using duct tape? :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater