Just another Tacoma introduction...

ssmathis

Observer
I've been reading on here and posting for a little while now so I thought I'd post up. I know, another Tacoma. :)

Scott

Here are my mods so far:
ARB Bumper
OME 886 and Dakars
Shrockworks Sliders
Bestop
265/75/16 BFG ATs
Cobra 75 cb

I have some Hella 4000 lights my brother gave me that I still need to mount and wire but other than that the budget is shot for a while so I'll be sleeping in my ground tent for a while.

Here are a few pictures from a trip with Rising Sun LC club in Denver to Red Cone:

RedCone1.jpg

RedCone2.jpg

RedCone4.jpg

RedCone8.jpg

RedCone9.jpg

RedCone10.jpg

RedCone11.jpg

RedCone12.jpg

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Lookin good Scott. Did you run Red Cone with the Rising Sun guys yesterday?

I was looking at this pic

RedCone9.jpg

A month ago there was a snow drift there at least 50ft long. Looks wide open now!:wings:

As I've said before - your taste in truck upgrades is impeccable :victory: What's next?

ssmathis

Observer
Thanks all.

Matt, I was with Rising Sun yesterday. We had 17 trucks on this trip. This was my first time driving Red Cone. Those decents are steep and can be a little sketchy at times.

Scott

Last edited:

7wt

Expedition Leader
Scott, nice looking truck and great pics by the way! I think we need to start a "red truck revolution". I like the soft topper. I wished I knew about Red Cone when I was in the Springs a couple of weeks ago. Looks like a nice trip.

ssmathis

Observer
No noise on the freeway but you can here the poles move around when offroad. It's not a bad thing just you can sometimes hear the metal poles on the metal mounts. Otherwise it's great. The 3rd brake light Bestop provides is junk and broke off immediately after hitting the trail but I'll fix that later. I use 303 Aerospace on the top and seam sealed it so it's relatively water tight.

Scott

Accrete

Explorer
7wt said:
...I think we need to start a "red truck revolution"...
Greetings Scott and EXPfamily. Your truck looks nice Scott, and those wide open Colorado Skies are beautiful. . .

. . . And, i really like your pick for colors...here is a pic of my two toys taken last month the day we brought our TACO home, seen here in our backyard on the Oregon Coast. For those who are color blind that might be in our woods, my red truck blends nicely into the forest here in the Northwest...grin.

TwoToys.jpg

TwoToys-cb.jpg

Cheers,
Thom

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy