Kevin's 01 XJ

MudderNutter

Adventurer
Thanks guys! I'm going to try to put on my ZJ gas tank skid today. I hear that I might have to get my exhaust re-routed, but we shall see! If I do it's not the end of the world.

MudderNutter

Adventurer
I haven't updated this thread in quite awhile! I was busy finishing up the build before we went on our trip. I will post a bunch of detail on the build when I have time. Here is a sneak peak!

Warhead

Adventurer
81B5AC01-01F1-4CD9-908E-5E0940EA6C0D_1.jpg

MudderNutter

Adventurer
Where in CO was that show taken? Also, any issues with the ZJ skid install?

I believe the shot was taken on either the end of Mineral Creek Trail coming out of Ouray CO headed to the Alpine Loop.

The ZJ skid plate install was much easier than I thought it was going to be. I think I have a few pictures somewhere that I will try and dig up when I get some time.

All I did was take of my hitch, and use that as a template for the new holes that I had to make. In total I believe I had to wallow out one hole towards the rear, create a new hole on each side for the most forward bolt, and I cut out maybe 1/4" by 6" horizontally on the rear of the skid for the backing plate on my hitch. I would reccommend just picking up a skid from the JY, and playing with it for a second. I just eyeballed everything, and it went up without a hitch... well... it went up with the hitch, but you get my drift, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk