Knife thread

WininUtah

Adventurer
FreeRange, that is very nice, I'm a big fan of Copper fittings on some knives, just looks right. I have never used a "Scandi" grind, I may have to pick up a knife like that.

Last edited:

AndrewP

Explorer
Kcdude-Great looking knife. It's like a Mora, only every aspect is better.

WininUtah-If you just want to try a scandi grind pick up a Mora Companion in the $12 range. If you like it, then order a beautiful custom like Kc.

WininUtah

Adventurer
Thanks, Andrew, I have Mora knife right here! It's a gift for a friend and because I have too many knives I only bought the one.

PETER PETRAKIEV

Adventurer
Man! Those are some sexy blades! If you don't mind me asking, where do you buy your steel? I'm especially interested in Damascus. It just looks so exotic! :)

Oh a dude I'm at the other end of the world, I order them at the blacksmith.
At you also there are masters who can you of performing the contract.
Here are two blades that arrived today for start through 2015. :)

1.jpg 2.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I just had a knife made for me, actually 5 knives custom made for me and 4 of my good friends. Sort of a Christmas Present

Douglas Knife Company out of California. These things are stout, with Birds Eye Maple handles

tumblr_ngd7waNkzM1txrzvyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngbtb8qVQk1txrzvyo1_1280.jpg

FreeRangeFJ

Observer
Here is a Bushcraft knife I just finished up today. It is 1075 high carbon steel with a 12.5 degree scandi grind, 8 5/8 overall with a 4 1/8 blade which is nearly 3/16 thick at it's widest point and tapering a few thousandths to the tip. The tang is tapered for better balance and there are plenty of stainless lanyard tube style pins for a wide range of options. The handle is Ironwood with red G-10 liners. It weighs 7.2 ounces.

Attachments

• P1070125.JPG
    P1070125.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P1070127.JPG
    P1070127.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal