Land Cruiser Photos

RHINO

Expedition Leader
where didja think you were going there kurt? thats what 4 ft of snow?

compromising andre pics,, that should be good.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
where didja think you were going there kurt? thats what 4 ft of snow?

Getting to the lake.

Had to move some tree fall
Forest_Lake_10_04 004 (Medium).jpg

Luckily the Ogre was my winch anchor
Forest_Lake_10_04 005 (Medium).jpg

The snow ahead
Forest_Lake_10_04 010.jpg

The Ogre trying to drag the cable up the trees so we could strap and turn around, he found a bottomless snow pit!
Forest_Lake_10_04 011.jpg

Amazingly we didn't get stuck, we kept on forging our way up and up, eventually giving up just 1/4 mile destination. We had to winch ourselves sideways and then again to get us lined up with the back of the trail.

compromising andre pics,, that should be good.

We'll save those for another thread ;)

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31926&d=1251958678

Sprocket3,
What's the story behind the round motors? Old crash site?

Pat

100:1 says it's an old WWII Bomber crash site...

We had one just like that near the ranch I lived on in Australia. It was crazzy because when you went around the other side of the draw/bench etc. you could see the impact mark clearly even after all those years. But, when you were down at ground zero there was just wreckage strewn everywhere and the engines were flung pretty far ahead into the jungle. What was really neat is that Andrew, my buddy/host/boss found it in the 80's when he was scouting the land for grazign cattel. Apparently the plane was transporting money during WWII and it was flying through thick fog when it slammed into the hill-side... Oddly enough all the chutes were accounted for but no boddies were found, no money, then likme 15 years after the plane dissaperared some ranched found the tags in a pile of ferral dog poo... cool mystery's like that really intreague me. in the 90's Andrew's father in Law Allan who owned all the land donated 10K acres to the national trust and had it set aside as a jungle "Forrest park" called the Kroombit tops National park. We were the only ones that had access to it from the costal side of the mountain range so we took tour's up there from our cattle station through all the neat gnarly roads then up through loosely maintained "roads"

Basicly "work" for me those days meant 4Low and Lockers engaged... Oh and the clatter of Sweet H-Series Diesel whilst rowing through the gears in the Troupy or the Ute running support... Ahh those were some awesome days for sure... It hardly felt like work... bit hot but not work ;)

The snow ahead
View attachment 32489

The Ogre trying to drag the cable up the trees so we could strap and turn around, he found a bottomless snow pit!
View attachment 32490

Amazingly we didn't get stuck, we kept on forging our way up and up, eventually giving up just 1/4 mile destination. We had to winch ourselves sideways and then again to get us lined up with the back of the trail.
HOLY!!!!!!!!!! Good lord man now THAT is when I could see needing some Mattracks eh ;) Luckily there was alot of snow on hand to keep that winch cool... That thing must've been COOKING eh.

Great pics everyone! Keep'm coming.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...HOLY!!!!!!!!!! Good lord man now THAT is when I could see needing some Mattracks eh ;) Luckily there was alot of snow on hand to keep that winch cool... That thing must've been COOKING eh...

Its equipped with the Warn over temp system, amazingly it pulled and pulled all day long and never heated up, ambient temperatures and periodic snow banks sure helped as noted :D

chimyz

Chimyz

Ruffin' It

Explorer
Only one trip in the LC so far, so I don't have many pics. But here's one of the the little lady crawling her first rock. :sniff, sniff: I'm just so proud :sniff, sniff:

Mobyrocks01.JPG

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Like Simon said, copy the IMG code. Here you go, looks cold...

IMG_2429.jpg
OK never mind... I now Like the 200... That is one GREAT looking truck, the wheels and tires with the ARB completely change the look ... I love it!!!!

Cheers

Dave

TJDIV

Adventurer
this thread needs more Troopy. From last winter: ( and since sold )
454327653_z8Ypd-XL.jpg

From the 2008 U.P. Overland
358807339_kkF7g-XL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven