Land Cruiser Photos

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
035-1.jpg

From a little outing today

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Sgt grunt, that may well be one of the coolest 80's I;ve seen in AWHILE!!!!!!! Great truck, I LOVE it. Now we need MORE pics of it out of the driveway eh ;)

Here are some photos of my new baby. :wings: This is a 1992 Toyota Bandeirante (same as TLC FJ40). It has a 96hp Mercedes Benz diesel engine which was with 108.543km/67.445mi (pretty good for a 17 year old car). This engine is the same of MB709 truck (http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7762/150861522.jpg). I'm the second owner of this car and bought it just because the last owner died and his son didn't like the car.

This car is pretty much nude right now, but this week it starts to get some upgrades. I'll be posting the mod photos here while they keep coming.

img71001.jpg
img71011.jpg

Great truck and welcome mate. I see Toyota found a great steal of a deal on square headlights just like Jeep did ;) hahahaha.

So are these Brazilian Bandy's mechanicaly identical to an FJ40??? I realize that it's got a different motor but as the Axles/tranny/t-case/frame etc. the same underneath???

Cheers

Dave

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
attachment.php

So...what spacers you runnin' with them über-cool rims? What tires? I have a few of those rims sitting around; I'm not generally a fan of black wheels at all, but that looks purdy.

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
attachment.php

So...what spacers you runnin' with them über-cool rims? What tires? I have a few of those rims sitting around; I'm not generally a fan of black wheels at all, but that looks purdy.

Right now they are 1 1/2", however I may try 1" just to sneak the tires inside the fenders a bit more.

I plan to keep the flares so I will run the spacers, if someone removed the flares I think no spacers would be ok. But it would narrow up the track width.

The tires are or at least seem narrow they are 35 x 10.50 x 16 Swamper SSR's and the rims are 7 wide.

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
How you likin' the SSRs in terms of wear?

Well, as of today they have about 55 miles on them... I like the size, but I'm not crazy about the tire. Although they do have tough side walls.

On my old 80 I had a set for a while that were 35 x 12.50 x 16 and had about 25k on them before I sold them for a set of MTR's. Had to keep them rotated and the truck aligned. I had a matching spare so that cut down on the actual mileage. They get louder with age and the traction decreases, obviously...

Last edited:

chimyz

IMG_2483.jpg

Yeah!!! I can post pics. Thanks for your help. Here is another pic of my baby in the mountains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven