Land Cruiser Photos

mr.trd

Adventurer
Not my trucks, but my photos.

_MG_2646.jpg

_MG_2640.jpg

That wouldn't happen to be in the rock quarry at the base of Providence Canyon would it?

I missed that run this year. I set it up and then missed it! Sucks cause I love that trail. Do you know when it closes and when it does, how far up can you go until you get to the gate? I would really like to still run down there before too much snow if I can. Assuming that those are from Providence Canyon. LOL

Stan the Man

Adventurer
I got asked about a FJ40 in the self-portrait thread, figured I'd post them here too.

Actually yes. Was worth close to $100k, the father owns a local LC shop and was letting his 16 year old son drive it on the trails that day. 2004 Chevy Tahoe engine, Dynatrac D60 up front, IIRC D70 in the rear, 40's, the works...

4003298425_ed26b4de47_b.jpg

4004058202_618f3ca956_b.jpg

4004059940_10a63f67b9_b.jpg

Box Rocket

That wouldn't happen to be in the rock quarry at the base of Providence Canyon would it?

I missed that run this year. I set it up and then missed it! Sucks cause I love that trail. Do you know when it closes and when it does, how far up can you go until you get to the gate? I would really like to still run down there before too much snow if I can. Assuming that those are from Providence Canyon. LOL

Yep those are from Providence. I'm not sure about the gate. The day these pictures were taken there was a few inches of snow on the trail up the canyon once you left the quarry. Several of the corners on the trail were iced over and made for some slightly scary moments, so we came back down and just played in the quarry.

When we've run that trail in the summertime we take it all the way up to the peak and come down Millville.

mr.trd

Adventurer
Yep those are from Providence. I'm not sure about the gate. The day these pictures were taken there was a few inches of snow on the trail up the canyon once you left the quarry. Several of the corners on the trail were iced over and made for some slightly scary moments, so we came back down and just played in the quarry.

When we've run that trail in the summertime we take it all the way up to the peak and come down Millville.

Thanks! I knew I recognized that rock. Ohh and rock ledges in the background helped give it away too.

UCBerzerkeley

Observer
Sweet looking rig - what is your setup for suspension and other mods?

my mods list is primarily an extensive preventative maintenance list, having replaced, flushed or rebuilt almost anything that can be replaced, flushed or rebuilt with only OEM parts (us mudders love our PM, almost as much as we love feeding cdan's dogs). There is nothing quite like peace of mind, and I feel confidant taking my truck to the end of the world. It helps that is only has 80k on it, for being a 1995.

For suspension, I have OME Heavies front & rear, w/ OME regular shocks and steering damper. It's about 3" of lift. The rear bumper is by Mike @ Bump It Offroad (AMAZING service - he has earned the right to all my custom work for as long as he owns a welder). Tires are Firestone M/Ts in 315/75/16, so 35s basically. They stuff just fine front and rear w/ 2" bump stop drops in the rear. Too many plans for the future to list heh

sami

Explorer
I decided that it was time for more than just photos in the driveway..

DSC_1115newbw.jpg

DSC_1128new.jpg

DSC_1130new.jpg

DSC_1136.jpg

DSC_1110sobebw.jpg

DSC_1108new.jpg

Last edited:

petzl

The PZJ77 in Moab on on the Oregon sand dunes

The Red BJ42 on the Whipsaw Trail in BC.
IMG_2096.JPG
Copy of PICT4301.JPG
Copy of PICT4646.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven