Larry's 1978 K10

mkitchen

Explorer
That is great news, congratulations!

Looks like the burb is going to become 4x4 number 1, eh? Although two and a car seat can fit in the pickup an no air bags back then. Kids are neat.
Mikey

Congrats to you and your wife! Lets do some math.:coffee: ************ awesome truck:smiley_drive: + super awesome camper:elkgrin: + wife:drool: = baby. Yep, looks like it adds up to me. :coffee:

njtacoma

Explorer
Congrats on the bundle of joy!!

Get those projects wrapped up now! Everything seems to take longer when a baby boy or girl makes you choose between hanging out enjoying that smile or giggle, or going to the garage and working alone.

Love your trucks, still looking for a 91 suburban myself.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Congrats on expecting Larry....
Wow what a change in store for you guys eh?
I will have to reach back into the memory banks for advice from when my boys where little.

You have a great family platform in the truck until the little one gets out of a car seat.
After that of course you will need a 67-72 Burb for the family....your square body is just a practice run until you find the CORRECT vintage Suburban :)

again congrats my friend!

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Thanks for the kind words guys! DanimalsBurb, that is hilarious!

Lance, yeah, I am excited to have a little camping/fishing buddy in about 5 years. And yes, it will be a huge change for us! Probably even more than I can fathom at the moment. I don’t want to say never, but it is unlikely a car seat will end up in the Polar Bear Burb as we just picked up a new ride the week before we found out we were pregnant. Hmmm, maybe we should have gotten a minivan…LOL. My little 4”11 wife is going to need a ladder for lifting a little one up into a car seat in this thing.

8151977686_5efbb1df2d_z.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well I guess it is time for me to add my congratulations along with evryone elses. CONGRATULATIONS to you Larry and also to your wife. Like you said in about 5 years time you will have a little fishing buddy and hopefully a new car mechanic..... The best to you and your misses. Cheers, Chilli...:)

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Well I guess it is time for me to add my congratulations along with evryone elses. CONGRATULATIONS to you Larry and also to your wife. Like you said in about 5 years time you will have a little fishing buddy and hopefully a new car mechanic..... The best to you and your misses. Cheers, Chilli...:)

Thanks Chili!

Fantastic news and congrats, Larry! You'll be glad to have some projects once the baby arrives. After all, that's why they make baby monitors; just park one on your bench in the garage. And the Tahoe is a great vehicle for the new addition. Best wishes and blessings for you both. :sombrero:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Wow, Larry. Congrats on the news! Very awesome.

Also, love the new shots. The K10 is looking AMAZING as usual.. Such a great rig. Good work.

Congrats again!

koots

Hey, I joined up here just to say how much I love your K10! Well, I plan on sticking around but it was because of your truck that I joined up.

I've got a Jimmy that I'm turning into an expedition vehicle and would love to get my hands on one of those Phoenix campers. Even the wife was completely into the idea until the idea of price came around LOL It's seriously on my watch list, as finding a decent original camper shell is damn near impossible.

Congrats on the upcoming little one as well! The wife and I have a long term, no-children plan for a few years, so we'll probably follow a similar timeline.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Hey, I joined up here just to say how much I love your K10! Well, I plan on sticking around but it was because of your truck that I joined up.

I've got a Jimmy that I'm turning into an expedition vehicle and would love to get my hands on one of those Phoenix campers. Even the wife was completely into the idea until the idea of price came around LOL It's seriously on my watch list, as finding a decent original camper shell is damn near impossible.

Congrats on the upcoming little one as well! The wife and I have a long term, no-children plan for a few years, so we'll probably follow a similar timeline.

WOW! Thanks Koots! Welcome to Expo!

Heck, keep your eyes open for a used Four Wheel Camper from the back of a K5 Blazer or Jimmy. A used one might need a little work but they can be fixed up nicely and would cost a whole lot less than a new one. I often wish mine was a K5 for Jimmy in order to have the walkthrough benefit of going from the cab to the camper. Too bad you don't have a SWB pickup of this body style as I have a perfect camper shell for one in the classified section.

Again, welcome to Expo.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
There's a K5 on the Denver craigslist right now with a 4wheel popup camper. $4500 isn't a bad price and the K5 it's on don't look bad either. If I had the extra coin I'd go right after it. Here's the link: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3373608268.html

That is a cool K5 FWC set up. I could see you cruising that rig Rob! Go get her! Between both of us we have enough parts lying around to spruce that K5 is in no time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL