Lets see interior mods.

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
I bought 7 LED's including a 42' Light bar that I planned to mount on my Rhino Rack and needed a switch plate. I found a company, Concours Specialties in Ohio and spoke to the owner Greg about my needs..... I wanted a complete plug and play system... The plan was to mount a relay box in the back of the Cruiser and run power wires from my second battery... The relay box was setup to run 7 LEDS, 2 12v plugs..one in front and one in the rear for a fridge..and a USB in the front..All the accessory plugs are consent hot..
The relay box also had 12 ft of wires that ran to the switch plate.... all I had to do was plug in the connector and another set of wires that ran through the the roof via a cable gland and a waterproof connector for the roof lights.
I sent Greg my front center console and he sent me this.

Lou, thanks for sharing this it looks great! Nice to find some PnP things like this. Any chance you'd share rough cost for the relay box setup? Looks like I found his website. :)

http://www.teamconcours.com/

WSS

Rock Stacker
Dash and console:

DSCN9315_zpsee4bb1f2.jpg

DSCN9314_zps94a6703a.jpg

DSCN9303_zps037b6072.jpg

DSCN9404_zpsa8718bc1.jpg

DSCN9402_zpsa84bcfea.jpg

DSCN9395_zps7904995c.jpg

DSCN7543_zpse0927d44.jpg

DSCN7545_zps51e99d57.jpg

DSCN7748_zpsf13b630a.jpg

DSCN7754_zps5f806e60.jpg

WSS

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I've got one that really comes in handy, but it depends on the layout of your vehicle and your camping loadout.

For me, I've got a good sized SUV, with the rear 2 rows of seats removed as I sleep in the back on most trips, plus the cargo space comes in handy!

I removed the rear most "oh $hit!" handles that were intended for the two rear jump seats, and installed a wire mesh shelf using the stock mounting bosses for the handles. I used one of those "Closet Maid" ones (or similar) from Home Depot, and I folded up appx. 5-6" of each end at about 90 degrees to connect to the mounting points, and just used the factory screws plus some fender washers through the mesh of the shelf.

I put all sorts of stuff up there, and it's super nice while sleeping too because I've got anything I need in easy reach. It's also accessible when opening the rear gate. I'll add a picture if I can find one, but basically just picture one of those steel wire shelves (maybe 14" deep?) with each end bent up about 5-6" to screw into the existing "oh $hit!" handle mounts. Super easy. I want to do it again with a nicer shelf but it works for the time being.

hrt4me

Adventurer
Hmmm. That looks very nice. I wonder if it will fit into an 80? It still has sunroof controls and light, so it may be a fairly easy swap.

I have available for sale a Subaru gauge pack/field monitor unit (FMU), which is essentially the same as Stockwell's Hilux Surf unit except in standard units (mine) rather than metric (his)...

Minx

Roll Cage

IMAG0912.jpg

Camera: Front / Back / Sides

IMAG0898.jpg

Garmin GPSMAP 5208

DSC02158.jpg

Atlas 4 Speed

IMAG1285.jpg

IMAG1294.jpg

sPOD

IMAG1138.jpg

Oasis XD4000

Compressor-1.jpg

EnclosedCompressor.jpg

lysol

Explorer
1.) How secure is that roll bar mount for your GPS? (looks like rock hards mount)

and

b.) What brand monitor is that? I've been seeing those kits pop up online.

daveyd

Observer
awesome design. Do you run you Honda generator inside the cap shell while are you inside ??? Is that why appear a flexible metallic Hose on the pictures ??? for the exhaust ???

The exhaust for the generator is in the first shot on the side of the camper. That flexible metallic hose you're referring to, is coming from the generator's fan shroud and it blows warm air to the double-walled bed panels, then exits under the pergo floor at the tailgate end. The exhaust pipe is separate and it is routed out the side then to the top of the shell.

The sink you see in the image above is a heat-exchanger for the generator's exhaust pipe, thus heating any water that is poured into the sink while the generator is running. To drain the hot water from the sink, you just pull out the drain pipe from underneath and capture it with a two-gallon bucket.

No, I don't sleep in the back while the generator is running, but it IS quiet enough to do so. Nevertheless, I still don't suggest for anyone to sleep there.

eu2k runin (1).jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach