Lets see pics of your storage solutions

JKPhoto

Any details on what drawer that is?

Yes its a DIY box. I have a buddy that build cabinets and he built it for me. Cabinet grade wood, drawer guides that hold up to 300 pounds. I ordered the locking latch from mcmaster.com.

Had to make the top in two pieces to fit in without taking top off. I'm really happy with it.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Here's a tailgate storage idea I've been working on. In this photo it's temporarily propped/clamped in place on a TJ tailgate. I call it the "StoreGate"...

StoreGate1Closed.jpg

StoreGate1Open.jpg

StoreGate1Closed2.jpg

StoreGate1Open2.jpg

Nikson

Explorer
Could also be done with just a net and no door/table:

Great idea,

but I'm having hard time liking something sticking out this way INTO the trunk space... usually load it up with gear/storage boxes flush with the line, so this type of setup would get in the way...

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Could also be done with just a net and no door/table:

Great idea,

but I'm having hard time liking something sticking out this way INTO the trunk space... usually load it up with gear/storage boxes flush with the line, so this type of setup would get in the way...

This is a prototype, and I made it as deep as I thought anyone would ever want it just to prove the materials that wre used to build it would be up to the task, but it could be made any depth that made sense. This one is about 4 1/4" deep, but perhaps a 3" or 2 1/2" deep one would be better for some people, especially with TJ's without much space in the back.

This one's been installed on a camp trailer, so there's lots of space inside for it.

StoreGateFinalClosed1.jpg

StoreGateFinalOpen1.jpg

StoreGateFinalOpen2.jpg

StoreGateFinalClosed2.jpg

StoreGateFinalOpen3.jpg

StoreGateFinalClosed4.jpg

cdnabn49

Observer
Here is my solution... Its quite similar to the GEAR seat covers from smitybilt. But mine is HD material and covers the entire seat! LOL

The seat back has a MOLLE/Pals grid to attach pouches and such. Unlimited customization

I took the OEM seat coverings and removed the stitches one by one. Then used the pieces as patterns to make the new covering from 1000D Cordura & bonded nylon thread.

View attachment 88919
View attachment 88920
View attachment 88921
View attachment 88922

you should make some more - I am in for a set ;P

trust

Adventurer
Molle system

Unfinished since the pouches arent here yet but I got these flat MOLLE panels to replace a real dingy old vinyl deal for behind the seats. I got 4 but one isnt yet installed cause I cant find it but you can get the idea. One on the back of each Mastercraft seat and one on the rear bulkhead on my scrambler. The first couple of pouches should be here later in the week and I'll add them and if they work out and I get some more then I'll updateburrito warmer 010.jpgburrito warmer 008.jpgburrito warmer 009.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal