Lets see pics of your storage solutions

sickchilly

Observer
Good idea for weight saving on the rack. Nice price on the cargo netting too. I think you need to tell your sons to make them for the JK as well. :ylsmoke:

wolverine 00 xj

Good idea for weight saving on the rack. Nice price on the cargo netting too. I think you need to tell your sons to make them for the JK as well. :ylsmoke:

Thanks. I'll pass that on to them. We need to get a JK to measure for fitting. Maybe that will be the sales pitch I'll use to my wife!

MOAK

Adventurer
home made

photo 3.jpgphoto 2.jpg

My storage box weighs in at less than the rear seat, We got really tired of stuff building up all over the floor so I built this.. Food stays nice and cold now, as the fridge is up off the floor, and still easy to open up and get into it. The box is up off the floor, riding on 2"x1" skids, and bolted down with grade 5 stainless into the old seatbelt fasteners. Since the photo was taken, I've made it lockable, added handles, etc. There is plenty of room for all the jeep tools, and extraction gear on one side, and human gear on the other. Many things I have made over the years end up stored, upstairs out in the barn. Not this,, we use it for every long range trip..

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
In my LJ...

A Storex plastic drawer (cheap and weighs nothing) fits all the cooking stuff and some food. Its the same depth as the fridge. Hardboard shelf on top of drawer works OK for food prep.

DSC_3688.jpg

Net storage (cheap and weighs nothing) for sleeping stuff. There's another one on the other side.

DSC_3694.jpg

Sorry no picture of everything in front of that but imagine a 5 gal fuel can, 10 lb propane tank, 7 gal water, stove, camp chairs, and a 8 gal action packer box containing yet more food all ratchet strapped down to the seat rails.

Stromtrooper

My basic storage solution for a little 2,500 mile adventure

I took a week off and traveled the Gulf Coast from Louisiana to Florida in my Wrangler 2 door. I was going solo, and dragging along a Kamp Rite Tent Cot (love it!). I picked up a plano container from Menards, and it bungeed right in place behind the front seats (rear seat removed) It works great to keep odds and ends in.

P1270110-XL.jpg

And this is how it looked on my adventure with two Action Packers in it and the Kamp Rite comfortably lying on top. This set up allowed me to be able to safely see out the windows.

P1270487-XL.jpg

I might as well add a shot of my Kamp Rite at Dauphin Island, AL

P1270352-L.jpg

Thanks for the bandwidth!

Last edited:

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
I dont think I'd want that stuff inside the vehicle in case of a wreck.

Would you care to elaborate? I would have thought that anything on the roof or back of the vehicle would be more exposed to damage than if it was secured inside.

MOAK

Adventurer
Hmm

No offense, but you would never have been comfortable in the older FJ40s or 55s.. The fuel tank was directly beneath the passenger seat.. I don't believe there is any documentation that a single one ever caught fire or exploded,, ;)

wagoneercraig

Observer
Same with Dodge trucks . Back of the cab was a fuel tank . Other than having to put up with the smell sure

No offense, but you would never have been comfortable in the older FJ40s or 55s.. The fuel tank was directly beneath the passenger seat.. I don't believe there is any documentation that a single one ever caught fire or exploded,, ;)

smbisig

Adventurer
Just installed in my Jeep YJ, a fridge slide for my ARB fridge and internal cargo rack. Shown in the photo I was test fitting a couple of my pelican cases, jerry cans and honda generator. Still working on a tool system and other little things.

photo.jpg

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Well, the saggy net I used initially drove the engineer in me crazy not being 'aligned', so I went to this:

Attachments

• dog guard.JPG
    dog guard.JPG
    374.7 KB · Views: 45
  • tray.JPG
    tray.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 43

Zaskar

Very nice if you ever feel like sharing on how :) let us know thanks. Oh and also the Tuffy rear storage , does that come out easy if you hve bigger loads to carry?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal