Lets see some full size pictures...

fifty

Adventurer
Yep, you are right about the panhard bracket on the axle. There is two u bolts and two braces on each side of the axle, but, it is going to get a weld on both sides, once the front is done and I see what else needs a touch of extra.

The upper coilover brackets wrap all the way around the frame as well as tie into a cross brace. I have been going back and forth about stitching those or not (same with the fronts which utilize 3 more bolts than the factory 08 coil and shock buckets including a bottom mount). The 4 link brackets for the front and rear (that attach to the frame) will also get stitched in, as well as be bolted.

Also, for the height, right now it sits about 3 inches high....nothing has settled or been adjusted...just put together so the jack stands can come out for the front... It will end up being around 5 inches of lift. Maybe 6.

TRDFAN

Adventurer
Yep, you are right about the panhard bracket on the axle. There is two u bolts and two braces on each side of the axle, but, it is going to get a weld on both sides, once the front is done and I see what else needs a touch of extra.

The upper coilover brackets wrap all the way around the frame as well as tie into a cross brace. I have been going back and forth about stitching those or not (same with the fronts which utilize 3 more bolts than the factory 08 coil and shock buckets including a bottom mount). The 4 link brackets for the front and rear (that attach to the frame) will also get stitched in, as well as be bolted.

Also, for the height, right now it sits about 3 inches high....nothing has settled or been adjusted...just put together so the jack stands can come out for the front... It will end up being around 5 inches of lift. Maybe 6.

Which kit did you end up going with? I want to convert to a coilover setup on mine, but $4500 for the Icon kit is a bit of a stretch for me right now.

Awesome work with the rear BTW.

JamesDowning

Explorer
Here's a couple to get this topic back on track:

8.jpg

13.jpg

jasonL_031

Adventurer
heres my new project 1998.5 ram 2500 quad cab short bed. i have some ideas what i want to do with it. but first going to need to do some body work and minor repairs, then who knows lol.

387524_10151045468825298_539225297_22692042_1098893287_n.jpg

Scoutman

Explorer
Thanks. I'm trying to keep it that way. :sombrero:

There's times when I wish I had a bigger cab (2 kids both in carseats) but I wouldn't trade my long bed for anything.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks. I'm trying to keep it that way. :sombrero:

There's times when I wish I had a bigger cab (2 kids both in carseats) but I wouldn't trade my long bed for anything.
Oh,it is a lb! From the pic it looked like a sb. Better yet! We don't have kids nor a pet so the regcab works real well offroad,but sometimes I do crave a backseat. The regcabs are so long that I can store five gallon buckets behind the seat if desired.

My truck came with pitifully soft factory springs. When I mounted the Northstar on it,it was a handling disaster. The suspension would bottom out on rain culverts on surface streets that run perpendicular to the road. With a variety of aftermarket suspension upgrades,I'm not that aware of the popup on there.

Last edited:

Scoutman

Explorer
Typically I have a toolbox in the bed but when the camper goes in, the box has to come out so I get lazy and forget to put it back in. Here's a current shot as it typically looks. Leveling kit and winch mount in the works.

2011-12-03_12-25-24_894-b.jpg

Scoutman

Explorer
I'm looking at making a shelf that attaches where the factory front tow hooks go. I'd like to recess it back into the factory bumper similar to the power waggon but with the intercooler it wont be as far back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater